Spyderco.com is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website. We strive to conform to the level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibilities Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 level AA). We have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Reauthentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data.
Spyderco.com has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. Our site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code which means future browsers will also display correctly. Spyderco.com is responsive and will display all content on mobile devices (not older than 5 years).
Spyderco takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Spyderco.com:
- Appoint an Accessibility Monitor
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff
- Utilize both free and paid 3rd Party services to periodically check our content for compliance with WCAG 2.1 level AA
- Integrate accessibility into our marketing practices
- We do our best to include a text-based alternative for all images
- Many of our pages include audio and video content. Wherever possible, we provide a text-based alternative to include captions and transcripts
- Users can use zoom-in/out functionality on nearly every page and retain full functionality
Although we endeavor to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. Some content on our website is from 3rd Parties (to include, but not exclusively, the e-newsletter sign-up form on homepage), and their forms are lacking the expected field labels. Spyderco will continue to work with our 3rd party vendors to encourage compliance with WCAG 2.1 level AA guidelines.
Spyderco.com may not be compatible with browsers older than 3 major versions, or mobile operating systems older than 5 years.
Spyderco is continually seeking solutions and monitoring authoritative guidelines for current and future compliance. Should you experience any difficulties during your visit to Spyderco.com related to accessibility, please contact us using the form below or one of the following methods. We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Spyderco.com.
Spyderco Accessibility Administrator
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 80403