Knife Picture Question.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rs2

Post by rs2 »

Thanks Halfneck and Ron. :)

You don't want the Canon 20Da, which is specifically designed for astrophotography. If you want the 20D, which is what I have, you should start seeing some pretty good deals soon, as Canon has just announced its replacement, the 30D. Take a look at [url=http://]www.dpreview.com[/url] for reviews, comparative specifications and forum discussions. I'm thinking of getting a 30D to use as a second body along with my 20D.

I don't really keep up to date on the non-SLR digicams, but there are some super cameras out there that are continuously getting cheaper and better all the time. As we all want to take photos of our knives (oh yeah, and our kids, spouses, vacations, etc.), check the macro performance of each camera. The thing to remember is that notwithstanding megapixel numbers, the digicams all have smaller sensors than the DSLRs. It's like the differences between different format film cameras (medium format, 35mm, 110). The larger units will produce better images with less noise than the smaller ones. That's especially important for macro work where detail and resolution is critical.
Ron
aka RSS1911
bk1

Post by bk1 »

Simona wrote:Because i have circa 5 yrs.old model of Sony Cybershot DSC P-50, 2.1 mpix, i´m thinking about new camera too...

Probably i want this one:
Sony DSC R-1
10.3 megapixels, Carl Zeiss T* lens with 5x zoom, auto and manual focus, auto and manual exposure, JPEG and RAW file formats, ISO 160-3200, lithium ion battery, no movie mode.

Or Canon PowerShot S2 IS

or
Panasonic DMC-FZ30

Canon EOS 350D

Canon EOS 20Da

Nikon D200

Hard to select :)
Hi Simona,
Take a look at: http://www.steves-digicams.com/
Great site for up to date info on camera etc.
:)
bk1
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Simona - your pics are even more impressive now that I know you are using a 2.1 mega pixel.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich