Autism awareness knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mrj

Autism awareness knife?

Post by Mrj »

Spyderco does Breast cancer awareness knifes in pink scales. I think if they could do a puzzle piece design scale for Autism awareness would be awesome. It’s a very important movement as well as the scales would be amazing. Just an idea. Anyone else have any other cool ideas for charity groups that would make a cool knife?
MRj “Weak things break!”
ladybug93

Re: Autism awareness knife?

Post by ladybug93 »

they also do the sage for alzheimer's and the thin lines and various others for leo orgs.

autism awareness would be a cool cause to support if spyderco felt so inclined. in the meantime, i have seen some aftermarket scales with puzzle piece designs. you may want to try that if you want to show your support now.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:58 pm
they also do the sage for alzheimer's and the thin lines and various others for leo orgs.

autism awareness would be a cool cause to support if spyderco felt so inclined. in the meantime, i have seen some aftermarket scales with puzzle piece designs. you may want to try that if you want to show your support now.
Awesome post a link of find them. Thanks
MRj “Weak things break!”
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Mrj wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:11 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:58 pm

Awesome post a link of find them. Thanks
here's an example with the smock, but i've seen them do others and without the anodizing also. just look through their site.
https://www.dnalasering.com/product/spy ... um-scales/
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great idea and for very personal reasons would fully support any knife chosen . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

I’d get one for sure MrJ…my niece works with special needs kids and I’ve met quite a few of them…they’re really sweet and thoughtful human beings 👏👏👏
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spyderco’s charitable contributions are truly admirable. They’ve partnered with a number of organizations over the years for a variety of different causes.

All pink handles knives = Living Beyond Breast Cancer.

Sage Series = Alzheimer’s Association, Colorado Chapter.

Mantra series = Parkinson’s Foundation.

Watu = Keep A Child Alive. (KCA)

Thin Blue Line series = Tunnels to Towers Foundation

Thin Red Line series = Wildland Firefighter Foundation

And most recently, a Delica with a special laser engraving is being sold to support the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF).

More information on all of Spydercos Charitable Partnerships can be found here - https://www.spyderco.com/community/char ... 20services.

———

I believe partnering with an organization to help raise awareness of autism or aid any programs that assist individuals with autism would be another worthy cause for Spyderco to support.

I don’t believe it necessarily needs to have any signifying marks such as a puzzle piece or ribbon though. I understand the symbolism and do not mean to disparage them by suggesting they’re not needed. Just simply saying that I believe any model (or series) could be chosen to support this cause.

Just spitballing a quick idea but I think a bolster/scale connection in the shape of two puzzle pieces could be cool. Probably difficult to do on a production scale but it would look really cool, in my opinion.
-Nick :bug-red
Danke

Post by Danke »

Just a wild guess but I suspect the awareness models are the result of the org itself wanting to partner with Spyderco.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:57 pm
Spyderco’s charitable contributions are truly admirable. They’ve partnered with a number of organizations over the years for a variety of different causes.

All pink handles knives = Living Beyond Breast Cancer.

Sage Series = Alzheimer’s Association, Colorado Chapter.

Mantra series = Parkinson’s Foundation.

Watu = Keep A Child Alive. (KCA)

Thin Blue Line series = Tunnels to Towers Foundation

Thin Red Line series = Wildland Firefighter Foundation

And most recently, a Delica with a special laser engraving is being sold to support the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF).

More information on all of Spydercos Charitable Partnerships can be found here - https://www.spyderco.com/community/char ... 20services.

———

I believe partnering with an organization to help raise awareness of autism or aid any programs that assist individuals with autism would be another worthy cause for Spyderco to support.

I don’t believe it necessarily needs to have any signifying marks such as a puzzle piece or ribbon though. I understand the symbolism and do not mean to disparage them by suggesting they’re not needed. Just simply saying that I believe any model (or series) could be chosen to support this cause.

Just spitballing a quick idea but I think a bolster/scale connection in the shape of two puzzle pieces could be cool. Probably difficult to do on a production scale but it would look really cool, in my opinion.
I believe at one time years ago , a portion of Native sales was donated to a Native American organization. I agree with your thoughts Nick that just a model be chosen and not a special design . I think it should follow process as other contributions to other organizations. Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

I like the idea, I know a number of people who either have Autism or their kids do. An Autism awareness collaboration would be cool. I like both ideas of puzzle piece scales or just dedicating a model to be the Autism awareness model.

I terms of a dedicated model, I think either the Wooden Kit Dragonfly, or the Wooden Kit Lil Native would be suitable since they are puzzles already. ;)
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

There was a version of the NLEOMF Delica a decade ago (not “most recently”) with a blue FRN handle and their logo etched on the blade, just FYI.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:04 am
There was a version of the NLEOMF Delica a decade ago (not “most recently”) with a blue FRN handle and their logo etched on the blade, just FYI.
Correct there was a version a decade ago but it was discontinued for a long time.

Just FYI, a new version of it, with an updated laser engraving, was recently created and re-released as well.

Making it the “most recent” charity that Spyderco has partnered with. Thank you. :cheap-sunglasses

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... Ground/715
RadioactiveSpyder

So, it’s one of the earliest but also the most recent - makes complete sense.

No offense Nick but it’s your answers like that that make me not want to post in this forum anymore.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Jesla

Post by Jesla »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:02 am

No offense Nick but it’s your answers like that that make me not want to post in this forum anymore.
I read and reread this thread. While I’m not the sharpest kni…. Well you know. However I fail to see what irritated you. If that’s the way you feel…. Uh… bye? 🤷
Whatever turns you on, cupcake.
Still plays with knives…
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:02 am

No offense taken. I don’t control the decisions you make.

I do not believe the semantics are all that important in this situation. If you don’t want to call it a “recent” charitable partnership… okay, that’s fine.
Danke

Post by Danke »

Hurt Feelings "awareness" knife next?
RadioactiveSpyder

Jesla wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:15 am
I read and reread this thread. While I’m not the sharpest kni…. Well you know. However I fail to see what irritated you. If that’s the way you feel…. Uh… bye? 🤷
Not particular to this thread, just years in the making. I’m sure it’s just me, please carry on with the main topic of discussion.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Thank you Mrj for this idea and thoughtfulness. Deeply feel this in some form or way is a wonderful idea. Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:43 am
Image Thank you Mrj for this idea and thoughtfulness. Deeply feel this in some form or way is a wonderful idea. Dan
Beautiful picture and I appreciate your sentiment. Thanks Dan!
MRj “Weak things break!”
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

I would support this and would buy whatever model Spyderco make.
It’s a worthwhile cause.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson