Kaviso Collab Poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
riclaw

Kaviso Collab Poll

Post by riclaw »

I don't see where anyone's mentioned this. Kaviso seems to be conducting a poll for an exclusive:
https://www.kaviso.com/products/spyderco-exclusive-poll
- Richard
Bolster

Re: Kaviso Collab Poll

Post by Bolster »

Yes, I could go for an S90V Sage LW!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

And here I thought it was about a new collaboration model with a custom knife maker. Never heard of Kaviso but apparently this is just another dealer exclusive. The list the Sage 5. I'm assuming they meant the Sage LW? If so, I guess I'd choose another Sage 5 LW but not sure if I'd buy or not. Cruwear with a good color would be nice. Looks like this started 5 months ago. I assume this is a done deal by now

I found the one guy's comment about the Sage 5 having a comp lock that's superior to the Golden models. I think it's good but not sure I'd call it superior
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Unfortunately none of the models on their list do anything for me. Good news for Sage fans I guess.
:unicorn
Guts

Post by Guts »

The Shaman has gotten a good amount love in terms of exclusives within the last few years, so personally I'd like to see the Sage 5 LW get the nod this time. There's only been the one BHQ exclusive for that afaik. Sage 5 LW in Cruwear would be my choice.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Meh.

I prefer groundswells from within the Forum that JD Spydo can turn into a wave.
-Marc (pocketing a Cruwear Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
dull&blunt

Post by dull&blunt »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:35 pm
I found the one guy's comment about the Sage 5 having a comp lock that's superior to the Golden models. I think it's good but not sure I'd call it superior
If you take them apart you’ll see the differences that show a lot more effort was put into the Taichung models (starting after the Kapara release). Internals are nicely polished, internal blade stops, pivot bushings, etc.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

dull&blunt wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:17 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:35 pm
If you take them apart you’ll see the differences that show a lot more effort was put into the Taichung models (starting after the Kapara release). Internals are nicely polished, internal blade stops, pivot bushings, etc.
You're welcome to your opinion. As much as I like the Taichung models I still don't consider the comp locks on those models to be superior to the Golden models. Yes, Taichung seems to be doing them much better now but to call them superior is a bit of a stretch.

The Golden models had the pivot bushing before any of the Taichung models. But that has to do with the action of the knife and nothing to do with the lock itself. Also, Taichung models using internal stop pins is nothing new and also has nothing to do with the comp lock itself.

When I read the comment that the Taichung comp locks are superior I took the comment to mean the lock itself. You seem to think it was referring to the action of the knife and maybe it was. If so, I have several PM2s and Para 3s that I'll put up against any Taichung model as far as the action of the knife is concerned. I will say that Spyderco's done a fine job getting the Taichung models to be closer to the Golden models in that regard and that's a good thing. I really like the Taichung models and have examples of most of them. It's good to see them getting CQI love
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!