DLT Exclusive Para 3 Cruwear DLC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Guts

DLT Exclusive Para 3 Cruwear DLC

Post by Guts »

Looks like DLT will be releasing the Para 3 in their purple G10+dlc Cruwear combo in a couple weeks. Didn't see this mentioned here yet, just thought I'd share for those interested.

https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-kni ... wear-blade

ETA: I just saw the older thread cuz someone posted about this as well lol. The search bar didn't help me in this case. Oh well
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
sethwm

Re: DLT Exclusive Para 3 Cruwear DLC

Post by sethwm »

Never had a regular para 3. How does it compare to the lightweight?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Man, I was really hoping the next one would be the Military since we finally saw a new Military exclusive last week. It seems like they run the same model for a while in batches. Bummer.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Zipper

Post by Zipper »

sethwm wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:06 pm
Never had a regular para 3. How does it compare to the lightweight?
Hello Sethwm. I have the standard Para 3 LW (BD1N) and 2 regular G10 models (Maxamet and CTS204P). The descriptions on the Spyderco site show the LW weighs an ounce less than the regular G10. I realize for the hiking crowd that ounces make pounds and every bit counts. For all my practical everyday use, I don’t notice the difference. There are plenty of threads on here comparing the base models (the for and against and so on).
This one seems good value at $3.50 more than the base DLC CPMS45VN model, if you go down that path.