What are the best stocking-stuffer knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

What are the best stocking-stuffer knives?

Post by Doc Dan »

What are the best stocking stuffer knives, you know, those that are cool but inexpensive?

The Al Mar Stinger keyring fixed blade with D2 is $14.95.

The Cold Steel Super Edge is $18.95.

Any others less than 25 bucks that make good stocking stuffers and general gifts?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Mushroom

Re: What are the best stocking-stuffer knives?

Post by Mushroom »

Hard to beat a classic Opinel for the price! The No. 2 is a nice keychain sized knife available in multiple colors for about $10 usd. The No. 2 through the No. 12 models range from $10 - $25 usd.

Swiss Army Knife Classic is another great option for around $16 usd. Especially considering the variety of colors they come in.

Baliyo Pens are also a fun and easy gift, in my opinion.
- Nick :bug-red
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Not sure how much you want to spend but the Boker Magnum Sghian Dubh at Boker USA is half off, at $30.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:24 pm
What are the best stocking stuffer knives,

Any others less than 25 bucks that make good stocking stuffers and general gifts?
How about a Byrd Robin 2? If you can stretch your price point up to thirty bucks, there are a bunch of Byrds to choose from.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

If you can stretch to $30 the Cold Steel Tuff Lite is pretty amazing. 2.5" AUS-8 blade, made in Taiwan, quality is equal to a Delica, and construction is very similar to a Native 5 LW. If you want something smaller you could try the Mini Tuff Lite. The old Minis I have are very good too, but I haven't tried the new ones that came back with a lower grade steel after a production hiatus.

I was also quite impressed with the Byrd Tern that I added to an order to get free shipping. That's a bit more of a budget stretch at $32 MAP, but it's a good sized slip joint with G10 scales for a very competitive price.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

my go to is always a good sak. people may stick it in a drawer or their glove compartment and not give it a second thought for years, but when the right moment arrives, it's there and they're going to be grateful, even if it was originally an under-appreciated gift.

when we were dating, my wife bought me a sak camper. i already had a swiss champ that i never carried because it was too big and i was carrying something else regularly. i set that camper aside and forgot all about it. years later, i found it while going through some storage stuff and it hadn't even been opened. it became my favorite sak model instantly because my tastes had changed, leaning more towards survival/bushcraft. i carried it in my backpack for years after that, only to replace it with a rangergrip model with the same toolset.

you can't beat a good sak. it's always a great gift.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

+1 on a smaller SAK. Incredible value & utility, and entirely unobjectionable.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I just bought a Spyderco Bug for my sister. It's so small it's almost a gag gift, but fully functional and only $15 or so.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
James Y

Post by James Y »

For a stocking-stuffer knife, you probably can’t beat a Victorinox Classic SAK, especially for those who are not knife people. I gave a bunch of them out for Christmas many years ago, and two of the people I gifted them to (my brother and his wife) actually carried them, and they still carry theirs to this day. Two people out of that group isn’t a bad percentage, considering that none of my family (besides myself) is into knives.

If the person isn’t a knife person and they receive a one-hand opening knife, most likely they will stick it in a drawer and forget about it.

Jim
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

Sak classic! Small, affordable and so darn handy!!!!
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

A couple dollars more than $25, but I like giving the yellow delrin Case Sodbuster. Still under $30.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:50 pm
A couple dollars more than $25, but I like giving the yellow delrin Case Sodbuster. Still under $30.
Yes and that is a good gift. I have seen some in orange, too. The Jr. is $27.50, pretty close. I am not sure why the red is so much more. Orange, Yellow, and Black are all within a dollar of each other. Red is $10 more than the most expensive one.

I was thinking that when I have a lot of stockings to stuff with extras, I wanted to keep the cost down. At $25 buying 6 such gifts would be $150 plus any shipping. Christmas is already expensive.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050