I bought a Flytanium lanyard tube

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cptdean

I bought a Flytanium lanyard tube

Post by cptdean »

Last week I over-torqued one of the pocket clip screws on my M390 Para 3 and snapped the head off (which taught me to only use small screwdrivers for this type of work). The only way to remove what was left of the screw was to remove the liner from the scale so I could reach it. The only way to remove the liner from the scale was to yank the peened lanyard tube out, which was a bit of a pain. So I did all of that, but didn't want to fuss with reinstalling the factory tube.

A quick online order and a 2-day wait brought me a Flytanium lanyard tube that works equally well in either a Para Military 2 or a Para 3. A few more minutes with a (small) screwdriver got it installed, and now I have a knife that I can fully disassemble and reassemble without fuss. The tube fits perfectly and does not stand proud of the G10. It's perfect, and I can unequivocally recommend it to anyone who might be on the fence.

Pics...

Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes by itself.

Dragonfly 2
, Para Military 2, Native 5 Lightweight, Chaparral Lightweight, Para 3
Spyderman91

Re: I bought a Flytanium lanyard tube

Post by Spyderman91 »

Very nice man!

I sure love the boys at flytanium, and have recently taken apart my PM2 to install set of aluminum scales.
Attachments
20180703_202755.jpg
cptdean

Post by cptdean »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 pm
Very nice man!

I sure love the boys at flytanium, and have recently taken apart my PM2 to install set of aluminum scales.

That looks sweet! Great color combo!

Dragonfly 2
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Good info cptdean! Your earlier pics of your M390 Para 3 caused me to pull the trigger and order one myself. I was on the fence but that blue needed to be in my life!

Enabler! :D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
cptdean

Post by cptdean »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Good info cptdean! Your earlier pics of your M390 Para 3 caused me to pull the trigger and order one myself. I was on the fence but that blue needed to be in my life!

Enabler! :D

Haha, you’re welcome! How do you like it so far? Mine is with me every day.

Dragonfly 2
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

cptdean wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:27 pm
Haha, you’re welcome! How do you like it so far? Mine is with me every day.
I'm really digging the blue! I just opened it 5 minutes ago, flicked it open, ran it over with a magnifying glass. Perfect like the others! :D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Nice. I scored some black G10 takeoff scales for my BHQ P3. After getting it apart, it was apparent that the flared tube would not go back in without a fight. It was Friday night.... I decided no way was I going to wait for the part, chucked the oem lanyard tube into my drill press, and removed the flare with a file, finishing with some 300 w/d sandpaper. All went back smoothly, but I’m still thinking about that blue ano lanyard tube...

What I really want is a raised gear-tooth pattern back spacer. Maybe GITD, maybe a contrasting G10/micarta. “Oreo” micarta would look awesome...