New KW Military in CTS-204P

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

New KW Military in CTS-204P

Post by MacLaren »

She just arrived this a.m. And honestly, it took all of about 20 seconds to determine that she is my favorite Millie.
The Sprint Run 52100 Military I just recieved is a perfect specimen. I have no issues with her or the Sprint Run Milirary CPM-Cruwear I have either. Its kinda funny as, the 52100 is the lightest, the Cruwear sharpest outta the box and the 204P the smoothest action outta the box.
But I just really love the Knife Works Exclusive. The Dark Green G10 really works for me! The stainless clip goes perfect with it btw. And I just really like the fact that 204P is a really good stainless steel. Also I know just how well CTS-204P performs. I gotta say that if ANYONE is on the fence about this Dark Green Millie Exclusive from Knife Works, then dont be! Jump! Go all in without any fear lol because you will not regret this one folks. This is a VERY nice Military. I like it so much so that I will be ordering another. I dont usually do this either. And to tell ya the truth I would do this even if she were a regular production piece. Thats how much I like this Millie.
Ive taken a few pics which do not do her justice.....again with my phone camera. Ill try to get some more up with my Canon too. At any rate thanx for letting me share this with yall.....
SpyderNut

Re: New KW Military in CTS-204P

Post by SpyderNut »

Congrats, man. She looks like a keeper. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

That's beautiful man! I really hope I can save up enough before this thing sells out.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SpyderNut wrote:Congrats, man. She looks like a keeper. ;)
Thanx man. She is :spyder:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Very nice! I am carrying my 204p para2 today. Great piece with a great steel.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Awesome! I kinda want the free Yeti tumbler too, but I don't want to drop another $200 for it :D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice mug there Paul, and that millie aint bad either... :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

FullCircleHook wrote:That's beautiful man! I really hope I can save up enough before this thing sells out.
Thank you.
Now is a good time to get one.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Very nice! I am carrying my 204p para2 today. Great piece with a great steel.
Thanx Darby! I agree.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

WireEdge Roger wrote:Awesome! I kinda want the free Yeti tumbler too, but I don't want to drop another $200 for it :D
Hehehe......I hear ya.
But honestly, and this is just me, I think it a lot better deal than the 52100.
The 52100 will prolly be worth more though.
But that matters not if your gonna use em :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

farnorthdan wrote:Nice mug there Paul, and that millie aint bad either... :D
Thanx Dan :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I always wanted the Military in M390. And now I pretty much have it. Thanx Spyderco! And Roger @knifeworks for having this dealer exclusive made.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I agree. My green 204p is the best Military to date IMO, super smooth and perfect execution. Green and 204p I feel are both great choices for this platform.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

abbazaba wrote:I agree. My green 204p is the best Military to date IMO, super smooth and perfect execution. Green and 204p I feel are both great choices for this platform.
Yeah man, the action is just silk.
When I got my 52100 it was at that point the best Millie I ever had. It was centered, and fires like a rocket lol. The 52100 does fire out better than my 204P. But thats not to say the 204P doesnt fire out nicely, its just that 52100 is exceptional. But the action is like I said, just silk. And the Hunter Green G10 is just flat out awesome in person. And personally, I like the weight of it better than the lighter weight of the 52100. For me this 204P is just perfection.
Lol.....I've rambled on about this new 204P Millie like some parent would about their child.....but, this is just one of those times that you know you've found somethin special. More than just a keeper. Honestly, if I could keep only 1 Spydie out of my small collection it would be this Military. Last night I saw its counterpart in PMII. I can VERY close to getting it lol...
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

MacLaren wrote:
abbazaba wrote:I agree. My green 204p is the best Military to date IMO, super smooth and perfect execution. Green and 204p I feel are both great choices for this platform.
When I got my 52100 it was at that point the best Millie I ever had. It was centered, and fires like a rocket lol. The 52100 does fire out better than my 204P. But thats not to say the 204P doesnt fire out nicely, its just that 52100 is exceptional. But the action is like I said, just silk. And the Hunter Green G10 is just flat out awesome in person. And personally, I like the weight of it better than the lighter weight of the 52100. For me this 204P is just perfection.
Interesting. Both of the 52100s I received are the stiffest knives I've ever had out of the box. One is alarmingly so IMO. I haven't touched the pivot bolt on either yet.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

CF knives are typically smoother than their counterparts for some reason. That is a nice knife! The Yeti was really icing on the cake there. I got some cheap Ozark Trail versions from Walmart that are pretty good if anyone cares haha
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

abbazaba wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Interesting. Both of the 52100s I received are the stiffest knives I've ever had out of the box. One is alarmingly so IMO. I haven't touched the pivot bolt on either yet.
Wow. That is interesting.
Mine is pretty nice. And Im talking about the Spydie flick mainly, but just a little pressure and that blade rockets out.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Cujobob wrote:CF knives are typically smoother than their counterparts for some reason. That is a nice knife! The Yeti was really icing on the cake there. I got some cheap Ozark Trail versions from Walmart that are pretty good if anyone cares haha
I agree, and the action on my 52100 very nice. No doubt about it. But that darn G10 204P version is just exceptional.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Geez-o-pete, that is a fine knife. :D Congrats, man!

*Sigh*

I guess I'll have to put this on my short list too.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SpyderNut wrote:Geez-o-pete, that is a fine knife. :D Congrats, man!

*Sigh*

I guess I'll have to put this on my short list too.
No doubt man. Any Millie is a good Millie :D
But I think youll really like this one....