A BLACK low riding clip for the Tatanka??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DrtyHarry

A BLACK low riding clip for the Tatanka??

Post by DrtyHarry »

I found a silver one on eBay but would like one in black. Anyone know who makes a low riding clip (like one from Casey) for the Tatanka? I really don't want to buy the stainless clip and have it sent out to have it cerekoted. Anyone know who makes one? THANKS!!
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
DrtyHarry

Re: A BLACK low riding clip for the Tatanka??

Post by DrtyHarry »

If I had to guess....I would think any of the Japanese made aftermarket clips would fit? No?? Anyone have a guess what might work best? I like shorter clips to my belt covers the clip...but because of the size, perhaps I would rather get a longer one instead? Thoughts? Not a huge fan of the steel....but ****, finally a quality big folder by Spyderco. I just learned of this knife not long ago...
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The Tatanka uses the standard 3-hole pattern Spyderco hourglass clip, so any of Casey Lynch's deep carry clips will work. Contact him to get a long (versus short) black one, probably better to get a long one for such a long handle.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:The Tatanka uses the standard 3-hole pattern Spyderco hourglass clip, so any of Casey Lynch's deep carry clips will work. Contact him to get a long (versus short) black one, probably better to get a long one for such a long handle.
Thanks! That's what I had thought, but someone mentioned that the knives made in Japan use a different threading/screws for the clip. Does anyone have a Tatanka and a Lynch clip to confirm this?

Thanks so much!

Harry
RadioactiveSpyder

Use the stock screws that came with the knife. Casey's clips fit ALL standard 3-hole hourglass pattern Spyderco knives made in Taiwan, Japan and the US. I could show show the two dozen clips I have on my various Japanese Spyderco's of you'd like ;).
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
BTG

Post by BTG »

DrtyHarry wrote:I found a silver one on eBay but would like one in black. Anyone know who makes a low riding clip (like one from Casey) for the Tatanka? I really don't want to buy the stainless clip and have it sent out to have it cerekoted. Anyone know who makes one? THANKS!!
I just ordered some from Casey Lynch on Tuesday, some regular short for pm2's and a long black cerakote, also for my Tatanka...
Unfortunately the short were all good to go, but the long black won't be back in stock for a couple weeks....he already refunded the 20$ before I could say I had no issues waiting....maybe he doesn't want to do pre order? He's great to deal with though...quick replies
BTG

Post by BTG »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Use the stock screws that came with the knife. Casey's clips fit ALL standard 3-hole hourglass pattern Spyderco knives made in Taiwan, Japan and the US. I could show show the two dozen clips I have on my various Japanese Spyderco's of you'd like ;).
Would love to see some pics...always
I ordered a purple adonized for blurple pm2, and blue for the nishijin stretch...couple sand washed for N5's
Wanted a black cerakote also but all out...if you have a pic of that one it would be appreciated.
RadioactiveSpyder

Here's some Lynch clips on various Spydies (not restricted to Japanese models ;)). I do have a few of his new black cerakoted ones (done by Josh at Razor Edge Knives, who does an amazing job sharpening BTW) but haven't taken any pics yet...

Domino, Dice and Native - brown/copper anodized short and long clips
The top two here are sandwashed ones I polished up to a high shine (not the best pic unfortunately):

Delicas - sandwashed shorties and blue/purple anodized long clips
Sandwashed long clip:
Sort of a Delica ;):

PM2 and GB2 - black powder coated short clip (these aren't available anymore, replaced by cerakoted ones)

Manix 2 and M2 XL - short/long black powder coated

Chokwe:

I even modified one to fit a Southard!

Sorry, you asked! ;)
BTG

Post by BTG »

Thanks much, love the pics....I'll be getting more....would be great if he designed one to convert wire clips , I'd be down for about 30 of those.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

I posted this pic before of my blurple PM2 with his short black cerekote clip (& G10 back spacer). I like the short clip for many reasons, but primarily because I usually keep my knife on my waistband...than my belt covers the clip for ultimate concealment. With that said...if I get the longer clip...it will hand down below the belt and it will be visible. Not by much since I wear black jeans most of the time. Do you think a long clip is a must for the Tatanka? I don't see why I can't get away with a short one...unless someone can speak from experience. And yeah, I suppose I could use the screws that come with the knife to fasten the clip down. Silly me didn't think of it. Well, about to put my order in now for the Tatanka. I will contact Casey about the clip. So what do you guys think...is the long clip a must? I mean...yeah, the short clip WILL work...but will I have any problems with it? I primarily want the short clip so it stays hidden under my belt. What says you??? THANKS!!!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Gosh those look so **** good!! I just ordered some shorties from Casey for my PM2 and MX2. I'm excited to get them on :-)
Josh