Spyderco MANTRA!!!!! Oh boy!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Spyderco MANTRA!!!!! Oh boy!

Post by Surfingringo »

Ummm, is it just me or does it look like they just made a ti flipper that looks amazingly "Delica-like"??? Look at the handle on that thing! Mmmhmmm. Ti flipper with Delica ergonomics and Taichung build quality. Oh yeah, and a better blade to handle ratio to boot. Oh, and lets make that in m4 while we're at it!! :cool: This model is going to be huge. You heard it here first! ;)
jimmyjohnjohn

Re: Spyderco MANTRA!!!!! Oh boy!

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

The CPM-M4 steel is what made me sit up and say, "Wow." That is going to be a ridiculous pocket knife.

Is that the first flipper ever made from M4?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:The CPM-M4 steel is what made me sit up and say, "Wow." That is going to be a ridiculous pocket knife.

Is that the first flipper ever made from M4?
It is the first flipper spyderco has done in m4. I have a feeling it won't be the last. :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

This one really caught my eye too, which do you like better? I'm leaning towards the 2 myself but will probably end up getting both.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Yeah I like.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

farnorthdan wrote:This one really caught my eye too, which do you like better? I'm leaning towards the 2 myself but will probably end up getting both.
Man, it's a tough call!! I think I would find the 2 more useful and slimmer in the pocket but I do like that the regular Mantra has a useable opening hole. If I had to order one today I would probably go with my gut and get the 2. Hopefully I will get to handle them both on a usa trip before I buy one.
pir4te

Post by pir4te »

MANTRA2 <3
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

So much tip up in our future. :( Other than that it looks sweet. I just asked for a M4 Sage2 in another thread and this is similar in some ways. I don't lik flippers so j am happy to see a fully functioning hole on the Mantra1. I think this will be a big hit too.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

So glad they made the narrower Mantra 2!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I'm leaning toward the 2 myself, I dig that thinner closed profile. I wonder if they will run on bearings or a conventional pivot and phosphor bronze washer setup?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I'm wondering what they are gonna cost. :o
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

WireEdge Roger wrote:I'm leaning toward the 2 myself, I dig that thinner closed profile. I wonder if they will run on bearings or a conventional pivot and phosphor bronze washer setup?
I'm guessing ball bearings since the Mantras are in the new "Flippers" section of the catalog (starting on page 58) and the rest of the flippers all have bearings.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

I would miss the opening hole but love the Mantra2 design for bladeshape and mainly for having no thumbramp.
The blade being M4 though is gonna make it a real issue for me to try and not get this one!
With that steel this should make it one sweet cutter..
TheOutdoorNerd

Post by TheOutdoorNerd »

A frame lock Delica flipper? Yeah, I'll be all over that.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

I like the "Mantra" little better than the 2, The 2's blade doesen't come to a fine point, but I like em both really, I need a flipper.
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Chinook3 wrote:I like the "Mantra" little better than the 2, The 2's blade doesen't come to a fine point, but I like em both really, I need a flipper.
Yep, I will fix that immediately upon receiving one. :cool:
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

That Mantra 2 really turns me on. Looks like a Delica and Nilakka had a ti flipper love child. Throw in a wire clip and M4 and I'm sold! Can't wait to get one of these!
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

This is going to be very difficult to resist. Poor wallet.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

RIP wallet
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

YES! Saw it and instantly fell in love. I'm in the same boat as you though lance, I like the blade shape of the 2 better but like the use able opening hole in the other. The 2 just looks like one **** of a slicer so that would probably be my choice.