Spoted, Massad Ayoob Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pinetreebbs

Spoted, Massad Ayoob Knife

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Found a YouTube video that included a Spyderco Massad Ayoob knife, used by the man himself, Massad Ayoob. He is testing a Canik TP9SA pistol with people from Green Froce Tatical LLC.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/Jm4xXElrlsw

Catalog listing: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... roduct=685
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
SpyderNut

Re: Spoted, Massad Ayoob Knife

Post by SpyderNut »

Careful there, mate. A thread and pic like that will bring JD Spydo out in a hurry! Hehehe. :D

The 'Ayoob is indeed a fine design. I was dumb and passed on the original many years ago when they were still plentiful. :o Fortunately, my brother bought one of the originals and has kept it in near mint condition for all this time. His model is the full SE. :cool: Wicked blade. Would be nice to see another run of these someday.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Halleluhah!! Hot Diggity!!! ONLY IN AMERICA!! as my good pal Don King would say at a time like this :D :rolleyes: Did I hear someone sing the praises of the C-60 Ayoob model??? :cool:

OH what would I give to see Mr. Massad Ayoob to bless us with a new design. I would love to see his fixed blade rendition of that all time classic Spyder. OK troops I know I'm not the only one here at Spyderville that loves this Golden Era Oldie :cool:

I'll definitely have to check out that YouTube video for sure. To me it's the most ergonomic Spyder ever designed with the possible exception of Mr. Glesser's great design of the Temperance 1 model. I bet my old pal Archimedes remembers this blade all to well ;)

Thank you so much my friend you've made my day a nice and brighter one :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

^^^ Hahaha! Told you so. ;)
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Thanks fellows, my work is done for today. :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Thanks fellows, my work is done for today. :D
Oh no you don't !!! :D You started the fire my friend now you got the job of either taking it to another level or just putting it out all together :D

Well PINETREE I'm glad to hear you like one my very favorite GOLDEN ERA Oldies :) Mr. Glesser just sprayed water on my parade not so long ago when he informed me that Mr. Ayoob himself had issues about his great model in Spyderedge which really broke my heart. I don't see why when Doc Snubnose and several other pillars of the Spyderville community went on record to say that the SE Ayoob was their favorite serrated Spyder of all time :cool:

When Mr. Glesser told me that I thought I was going to have to go to my primary care physician to get a script of Prozac :o or something like it :eek: But I would be content if Mr Ayoob would either give us a fixed blade version of his ergonomic genius design or another Sprint of the C-60 with maybe even a different handle like Micarta or even Titanium. A Titanium Ayoob!!! that may be too good to be true but it doesn't hurt to ask now does it :D ???
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Let's be clear, if it says, Spyderco I'm already interested. :) That said, with the exception of Michael Janich's Yojimbo and the knives designed by Ed Schempp, knives designed primarily for defense or combat use are only interesting to me for collecting purposes. Perhaps you really need a custom made knife?

For my actual knife use, I haven't found a specific knife design that was not already adequately if not perfectly designed and built by Spyderco and their collaborative designers. That isn't to say it could not exist, or that improvements will not be brought to production, just that I haven't found that use just yet. I have found the joys of superior knife steels, .e.g, Super Blue has a spell on me.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Let's be clear, if it says, Spyderco I'm already interested. :) That said, with the exception of Michael Janich's Yojimbo and the knives designed by Ed Schempp, knives designed primarily for defense or combat use are only interesting to me for collecting purposes. Perhaps you really need a custom made knife?

For my actual knife use, I haven't found a specific knife design that was not already adequately if not perfectly designed and built by Spyderco and their collaborative designers. That isn't to say it could not exist, or that improvements will not be brought to production, just that I haven't found that use just yet. I have found the joys of superior knife steels, .e.g, Super Blue has a spell on me.
Now that's really interesting that you say all of that PINETREE :) But do consider this>> I've found many of Spyderco's tactical designs to also be great EDC folders as well>> with the C-60 Ayoob being a super prime example of what I just stated. Try EDCing one sometime and I bet you'll be amazed at how ergonomic and easy to use the Ayoob model is for dozens of cutting jobs. OH! I have no doubt whatsoever that it's also a great tactical, SD knife either and I'm sure it would be if the occasion arose.

But I would like to see another Sprint of the C-60 Ayoob model with a new handle, Supersteel blade and even a belt sheath. Again I've got to check out this video but the computer here at work is blocked from viewing YouTube videos for some extremely strange reason :rolleyes: . But I will definitely check it out. I would be willing to bet that Massad Ayoob himself also intended his great design to also be used for everyday cutting chores as well as his intended SD uses.

Oh one other thing>> I used my Ayoob to cut up some pork tenderloins one day and it was like using a laser. And it's one helluva field dressing, hunter folder as well. Just thought you would like to know that :)
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Where's the knife? I scrolled through the video quickly, but never saw it.
:bug-red-white
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

13:26, now your work is done OP :]
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Ah, no wonder I missed it. A very brief appearance.
:bug-red-white
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

JD Spydo wrote:
Oh no you don't !!! :D You started the fire my friend now you got the job of either taking it to another level or just putting it out all together :D

Well PINETREE I'm glad to hear you like one my very favorite GOLDEN ERA Oldies :) Mr. Glesser just sprayed water on my parade not so long ago when he informed me that Mr. Ayoob himself had issues about his great model in Spyderedge which really broke my heart. I don't see why when Doc Snubnose and several other pillars of the Spyderville community went on record to say that the SE Ayoob was their favorite serrated Spyder of all time :cool:

When Mr. Glesser told me that I thought I was going to have to go to my primary care physician to get a script of Prozac :o or something like it :eek: But I would be content if Mr Ayoob would either give us a fixed blade version of his ergonomic genius design or another Sprint of the C-60 with maybe even a different handle like Micarta or even Titanium. A Titanium Ayoob!!! that may be too good to be true but it doesn't hurt to ask now does it :D ???
Nah, I'd go with Lexapro over Prozac if you're going for a SSRI. 10 MG PO per day should do it. Or maybe just another Ayoob folder. :p
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Nah, I'd go with Lexapro over Prozac if you're going for a SSRI. 10 MG PO per day should do it. Or maybe just another Ayoob folder. :p
NO Way JOSE!!! No SSRI drugs for me thank you very much. Now another Ayoob folder :) Yeah that's the medicine I need. But I also do wish that Massad Ayoob does give us another design in the future. If my memory serves me well I think he did do a fixed blade for MOD or one of those other tactical knife companies. I think it was called the "RAZORBACK" if I'm not getting senile :rolleyes: But another Ayoob folder with Spyderco's name on it would truly be a blessing from above ;)

The classic status that the Ayoob model has attained should easily qualify Mr. Ayoob to do another one>> I hope, I hope :cool:
MCM

Post by MCM »

This one is a keeper, when you find one.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MCM wrote:This one is a keeper, when you find one.
OK You all see what this guy just said ;) NO!! I'm not the only one by a huge margin. There are more Ayoob fans out there than most of you all can imagine. And for those of you who haven't gotten to test one out yet>> well let's put it this way when people do test drive an Ayoob model they soom become fans of this great GOLDEN ERA Spyder :cool:

I do hope that down the road they will consider another Sprint with a different handle material and different blade steel. Ain't nothing at all wrong with VG-10 so don't misunderstand me but revamping a great model like the Ayoob just makes good sense. The C-60 Ayoob is a keeper>> if you don't believe me then just go out and try to find one in a short time. It will be in my all time top 10 for years to come I'm sure of it.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Just took a couple photos to help the thread along.

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

If you look close at MCM's photos it's basically the "Old versus New". To see the newer G-10 Sprint compared to the older Almite handled there is a profound difference. But both are classics none the less. A photo of a Spyderedged Ayoob would be nice.

The Ayoob would make an excellent Sprint Run with either a Micarta or Titanium handle. IF there's a more ergonomic Spyder I would like to know which model it is? It would not only make a great hunter folder but I've been told it's also a superb fillet knife.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

If you look close at MCM's photos it's basically the "Old versus New". To see the newer G-10 Sprint compared to the older Almite handled there is a profound difference. But both are classics none the less. A photo of a Spyderedged Ayoob would be nice.

The Ayoob would make an excellent Sprint Run with either a Micarta or Titanium handle. IF there's a more ergonomic Spyder I would like to know which model it is? It would not only make a great hunter folder but I've been told it's also a superb fillet knife.
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

I wonder if they would make the handle tip-up and tip-down compatible if they made a new sprint?

JD
MCM

Post by MCM »

R hand tip up only would be nice. For a change. :D