Paramilitary 2 availability by mid-June?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
carpdiem

Paramilitary 2 availability by mid-June?

Post by carpdiem »

Hi!

I'm a longtime Spyderco fan here (10 and counting, plus 4 more that I've given as gifts over the years), and I was wondering if there's any news about new shipments of the Paramilitary 2 coming out in the next month or so. My younger brother is finishing his undergrad degree in June, and I'd very much like to turn one of those into a graduation present, but that's predicated on them being available.

Is there any chance of me being in luck, or will I have to find something else?
Buck Knives I Like

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

If you pre order from amazon they get them in around 4 weeks and don't charge until shipping.
neocacher

Post by neocacher »

I ordered mine from amazon about a week ago and they said delivery by June 5th. But who knows?
endgame

Post by endgame »

I have a good friend who sells them and he said they are gibing stores 10 at a time to fill backorders.I am not 100% sure that is the truth but he has gotten 10 last week and a couple of people who are on backirder at stores have gotten emails that they receiving there's.the only one who can prove this is sal
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

They are definitely starting to ship again... I had given up on getting a Para2, but got a camo and all black one for normal price a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly now I am hooked... the hype is 100% accurate, they are awesome knives!
BAL

Post by BAL »

When a web site sayd that they will ship in X weeks, that only means IF they get them
by then. They can't ship them if they haven't been made or shipped to them. It's a great
knife, I hope that you are able to find one.
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

A mom and pop knife shop in Michigan just had some come in. You need to act fast before its too late.
Buck Knives I Like

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

BAL wrote:When a web site sayd that they will ship in X weeks, that only means IF they get them
by then. They can't ship them if they haven't been made or shipped to them. It's a great
knife, I hope that you are able to find one.
This has not been my experience with amazon.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:This has not been my experience with amazon.
If Amazon or any store working with them does not have the product, then they can't send that product out.
Many places assume that they will get a product within a certain time frame, such as 4 weeks. However, if
the Spyderco plant in Golden is not producing a ParaMilitary knife and delivering it to that store, then they
can't possibly sell it.

Amazon, recently had a rifle scope that they said was going to be delivered within 4 weeks I believe, but it
was a brand new scope for 2013. I contacted NIKON personally and they hadn't begun to ship it out yet,
the product wasn't made yet, orders hadn't been sent. So Amazon had no idea when they would be able
to deliver that scope.

Now if it is a product that they consisently get an order in every two weeks or on a particular schedule, then
they might be accurate in giving these time frames, but it the cse of the PM2, I wouldn't bank on it. Not that
you couldn't go ahead and order it. But if you are trying to get it by a certain date, I wouldn't bet the farm
on getting it by then.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I'd like to get a couple of black/blacks. Until I can get them from my favorite dealer at his price, my scale swap I intend to do will remain on hold. For me, this can wait. Since you have a set timeframe that you need one by, it may depend on how much you think they are worth for you to get one in the secondary market. You could get lucky and they become available by then, or you may even catch a good deal from someone selling a new one. Personally though I wouldn't overpay especially for the standard ones since they should eventually be available when supply catches up. There are plenty other Spydercos for your bro also, how about a S30v Millie, or the sprint Cruwear which may be out by June! You can also save the PM2 present for Xmas or his Bday... There is always a good excuse to hook fams up.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

FCM415 wrote:I'd like to get a couple of black/blacks. Until I can get them from my favorite dealer at his price, my scale swap I intend to do will remain on hold. For me, this can wait. Since you have a set timeframe that you need one by, it may depend on how much you think they are worth for you to get one in the secondary market. You could get lucky and they become available by then, or you may even catch a good deal from someone selling a new one. Personally though I wouldn't overpay especially for the standard ones since they should eventually be available when supply catches up. There are plenty other Spydercos for your bro also, how about a S30v Millie, or the sprint Cruwear which may be out by June! You can also save the PM2 present for Xmas or his Bday... There is always a good excuse to hook fams up.
I am also looking for a black/black PM2. Amazon seems to be taking preorders on the black/silver only. I got on the notification list at BHQ for the arrival of the black/black model... but now I'm wondering if I should wait to see what's going on with the sprint Cruwear--did you mean sprint Military or PM?

A couple more newbie questions: What's the quickest, easiest, most reliable place to check for information about the release date of upcoming sprint runs (and mules too for that matter)? Are they announced on the news link on the Spyderco home page? Or do you just have to check the "What's New?" button at the top of the forum page, look for promising forum threads, check the bladeforums.com Spyderdo section.... or maybe one of the Spyderco facebook pages?

Also, if there is an upcoming PM2 cruwear sprint run, any idea how the price would compare to the regular price of the S30V black/black PM2?
roninair

Post by roninair »

Whew ..got my Para 2 today ,had been on a list for a couple of months from Warriors and Wonders.This is my first one ....but may not be the last one
endgame

Post by endgame »

I think you got a original paramilitary they haven't had the pm2 for awhile I just got the sprint run.paramilitary the other day and they had none were you on back order?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

endgame wrote:I think you got a original paramilitary they haven't had the pm2 for awhile I just got the sprint run.paramilitary the other day and they had none were you on back order?
Yea I would call them to confirm. Not that the Para1 is a bad knife, it's just different.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I just got one of the pm1 d-2 in green from them 2 days ago and they didn't have any pm-2. But the way the show it makes the add look like its a pm2 with the d-2 so close in the heading.
shaolinbill

Post by shaolinbill »

Endgame, thanks for the tip, I just picked up a green PM1 from Warriors and Wonders.
roninair

Post by roninair »

Sorry Endgame I can tell the difference between a Paramilitary and a Paramilitary 2 and model # is C81GP2
BAL

Post by BAL »

roninair wrote:Sorry Endgame I can tell the difference between a Paramilitary and a Paramilitary 2 and model # is C81GP2
endgame was just making sure that you did get the PM2, sounds like you're good,
but there are some that might not. I didn't see the ad, but it can be easy to get mixed
up, especialy if you only saw ParaMilitary at the top.