Military 2... Whats the latest news???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
knifeguy84

Military 2... Whats the latest news???

Post by knifeguy84 »

Hey Sal, I LOVE my Paramilitary 2 but I was curious about how far along the development for the Military 2 was. I would love to see a four side clip option (maybe even wire clip) with flat ground S35VN blades. I think the Military is a great knife but could even be better with four side clip option maybe even some ergo improvments like on the Paramili 2. So... any word?? :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

From Sal:
Sal Glesser wrote:Hi Shqxk,

It's hung up in engineering at this time. No immediate schedule. One of the disadvantages of being a small company. :o When we do make the "2" model, it will run alongside of rather than replace the linerlock version.

We also have another "new" lock on the drawing board.

sal
IceCold

Post by IceCold »

All I need is more Supply of the Paramilitary 2 its hard to find enough at the $120 price point. Just need to purchase 4 more to round out my collection, then move on 2 more Camo Black DLC coated 1 more all black DLC coated and 1 Plain edge
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Now that I've come to love the Military I can't wait yo see how the Military 2 turns out. Probably years off though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

It will probably have a stop lock, improved ergos, 4 way clip
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
knifeguy84

Post by knifeguy84 »

dgulbra wrote:It will probably have a stop lock, improved ergos, 4 way clip
I hope so! I think once they do release the Mili 2 it will take a perfect 10 knife and make it an 11!!! Hurry up, Sal!! I can't wait and I don't think I'm alone!! :D
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

I love the Millie, I mean I love the Millie, so I can't wait for another one to show off. The Millie 2, oh yeah baby you come to Papa...
knifeguy84

Post by knifeguy84 »

Word!!
knifeguy84

Post by knifeguy84 »

Word!!
BAL

Post by BAL »

The Millie is my favorite knife and I am stoked about the Millie2. However, with all of the new
knives that are due to come out soon (Tuff, Szabo, Caly3.5 etc), I wouldn't be hurt if it is a
while before it comes out.

Personally, I like the tip down on the Millie, now, but I like the compression lock on the Para 2
and ease of opening and closing. This change would be interesting if applied to the Millie 2.
As Sal has said though, the Millie 1 will always be around as well.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Yea I have a Para 2 sitting in a Spyderco box in my desk drawer thanks to my Military. LOL. I really "need" the Millie 2. :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

BAL wrote: Personally, I like the tip down on the Millie, now, but I like the compression lock on the Para 2
and ease of opening and closing.
I EDC between the two all the time and i'm always thinking how amazing the Military would be with a compression lock.
~David
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I am still stuck in para2 land and have not dipped my toes into the military pool yet. Maybe one of these days soon I will give one a try.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
knifeguy84

Post by knifeguy84 »

Evil D wrote:I EDC between the two all the time and i'm always thinking how amazing the Military would be with a compression lock.
Me too!!!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Evil D wrote:I EDC between the two all the time and i'm always thinking how amazing the Military would be with a compression lock.
Just to throw a different point of view into the mix, one of the truly great things about the Military IMO is the ease of using it, including locking and unlocking, with gloves on. Whatever the other advantages of the compression lock are (and I love the compression lock), it is not glove-friendly. I am glad Sal has said that the original Military will continue alongside whatever the Military 2 turns out to be. :spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JNewell wrote:Just to throw a different point of view into the mix, one of the truly great things about the Military IMO is the ease of using it, including locking and unlocking, with gloves on. Whatever the other advantages of the compression lock are (and I love the compression lock), it is not glove-friendly. I am glad Sal has said that the original Military will continue alongside whatever the Military 2 turns out to be. :spyder:
I hear people say that but I have no problem with using my Para 2 with gloves. I'll post pics later of the kits I wear at work in a -20 freezer. I do agree that the cutout for the lock could stand to be bigger but I'm not sure it's possible without changing a lot. I'd honestly rather see the cbbl lock or something ambidextrous on the next Military. I love the compression lock but it could be better.
~David
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I think Sal's been pretty clear that the Military 2 will have the "stop lock" - maybe the first knife with that lock - I keep meaning to go back to the patent drawings and see whether it's possible to guess how that lock might look on the Military 2.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I just hope theres no bushing pivot, unless the tolerances give the rock solid lock up I have on my current Millie. Can't say I'm as impressed with my Para 2's lock up.
knifeguy84

Post by knifeguy84 »

That would be cool! :)
BAL

Post by BAL »

JNewell wrote:Just to throw a different point of view into the mix, one of the truly great things about the Military IMO is the ease of using it, including locking and unlocking, with gloves on. Whatever the other advantages of the compression lock are (and I love the compression lock), it is not glove-friendly. I am glad Sal has said that the original Military will continue alongside whatever the Military 2 turns out to be. :spyder:
Good point, but if the Millie 2 isn't as glove friendly, we can have one for
glove work and one for non-glove. I definately like the Military in the winter
as it is now.