Sal, what knife is in your pocket the most

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Allen R.

Sal, what knife is in your pocket the most

Post by Allen R. »

First off sal ur the man second i jus joined the forums and seeing u reply and be involved in the threads is just coolness but heres my question u being the owner of spyderco and having access to all knives whats ur favorite and which one do u carry the most?
jossta

Post by jossta »

I'm going to guess some sort of Caly :) .
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

If I remember he recently said that the Caly 3.5 has been most often carried lately.
On the hunt for...
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Whats release date on the native 5?
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Sal once said on the forum years back that he carries each and every model that his company makes, unlike me not all at the same time... :p . Really he said he likes to carry them all (as he should) so he gets to test the knives strengths and weaknesses, ease of carry and deployment...etc....etc...etc....Then if he see something wrong he can fix it, or at least he will have had the experience if others bring details to his attention on which he can improve upon....I'm sure he has his favorites just like the rest of us....but as far as I know they all get pocket time....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

I might jus wanna get a reply from " the man" himself like i said im new to the forums and just amazed that one of the greatest knifemakers ever is gonna answer my question
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Allen R. wrote:I might jus wanna get a reply from " the man" himself like i said im new to the forums and just amazed that one of the greatest knifemakers ever is gonna answer my question
Play nice. The guys here have seen threads like these so much and they just might want to save Sal the effort of replying. Sal is a busy man you know.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Im pretty sure this has been answered and it was the Stretch.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

I meant no disrespect to anyone when i said maybe i jus want to get a response from the man i jus meant its cool that the owner is here and i jus wanted to ask a question insteada jus sayin hey sal message me kinda a fan jus wantin to b acknowledged ya know
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Allen R. wrote:I meant no disrespect to anyone when i said maybe i jus want to get a response from the man i jus meant its cool that the owner is here and i jus wanted to ask a question insteada jus sayin hey sal message me kinda a fan jus wantin to b acknowledged ya know
Yeh well, Sal will probably get around to it sooner or later. And since you asked a question, Doc and the guys were just trying to be helpful.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I agree that it is pretty darn cool that Sal is on here and answers questions as often as he does. That said, his day job keeps him pretty busy. He actually posts more on other forums since, as he put it, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here to answer questions.

As for his favorite knife, he loves knives. His products are like his children, he loves them all and he can't/won't pick a favorite. That was the winning answer in the "Guess Sal's favorite knife" contest a while back.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I too recall reading Sal's reply to this sort of question several times before. That said, I'd be curious to hear what's been frequenting his pocket more recently. I know my EDC is pretty much different every day, but as the seasons pass I tend to gravitate to one knife more than others. (You know, , out of the 7 days in a week, , there may be four or five knives that get carried that week; but one knife may get carried two or three times in said week) Last time this question was asked I'd say a CF Stretch was my 'most frequently carried.' Lately, it seems to be a Para2 (S90V or CTS-20CP). This winter, as I wear jeans more frequently, , I can see the Vallotton taking center stage, but who knows. But, like the well stated 'kids' example posted above, I still love all my Spydercos.
angusW

Post by angusW »

I remember a recent thread where Sal said he keeps a ladybug with ZDP-189 in his pocket. I've also heard the Stretch gets decent pocket time.

Welcome to the forum Allen. Just curious, are you posting from a smart phone?
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

You might have better luck during the week. Sal posts all the time, often on the weekend. Still, he can't be summoned like a genie (I think...).
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Blerv wrote: Still, he can't be summoned like a genie (I think...).
You never know try rubbing the logo on whatever Spydie you have at hand and repeating "first we made things sharp, then we made sharp things" three times... :D :D :D
On the hunt for...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:You never know try rubbing the logo on whatever Spydie you have at hand and repeating "first we made things sharp, then we made sharp things" three times... :D :D :D
The knife needs to be a sprint. ;)
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:The knife needs to be a sprint. ;)
with carbon fiber and s90v ;)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

jwrickma24 wrote:with carbon fiber and s90v ;)
Oh yeh. :D
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Look on the bright side Allen, our guesses and recollections of posts by Sal in prior threads of this nature do no harm and do serve to keep your thread on page 1, where the man himself is more likely to see it and respond. :) Even if that response takes the form of "so-and-so was right", it still answers your question.

FWIW, last I recall he said he was carrying a Chaparral, know he's carried a Stretch. However, I suspect his all time favorite is the Military and that his other choices are driven, at least in part, by the 3.5" blade length limit in CO.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Wow! I rubbed my logo three times and repeated first we made things sharp then we made sharp things then *poof* out came sal and told me hed grant me 3 knives of my choice discontinued sprint run or regular production, as i began to say my forst choice i woke up darn it