new here - citadel on the way

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
rob i

new here - citadel on the way

Post by rob i »

Hi-

I'm a brand spanking new member on these boards. I'm a big knife knut, but other than buying all my groomsmen stainless steel dragonflies, I've not been a huge spyderco collector.

One particular spyderco has called out my name for a few years, and I just pulled the trigger on it. I just purchased a citadel 83mm with the black blade.

I think this will be a great work knife to carry. Being a resident of NH, I am in no way restricted from doing so. We can carry any type of knife that we choose in this fine state. Live free or die.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, and hoping some peeps could share their citadel stories, reviews.

Rob
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Hi Rob,
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay. Being in NH as well I just picked up a Embassy Black Blade. I've never had an auto before either.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
rob i

Post by rob i »

Thanks for the welcome Boxer93. I see you are in Derry. Funny, I live in Londonderry.

I have a few autos. I tend to gravitate towards them, especially now that we can carry them in our fine state.

I have a microtech Troodon, Daytona, and UTX-70. A Dalton STC otf, a benchmade infidel, a protech runt j4, and a protech Don. I also have a Leverletto, and a Kershaw breakout.

As you can see, it's time for a citadel. :)

Rob
rob i

Post by rob i »

not a whole lotta action going on here I see.

well i'll keep it short and sweet. I got my citadel today and all I have to say is........

It is AWESOME.

Rob
avoidspam

Post by avoidspam »

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Let us know how you get on with the Citadel. This one had passed under my radar but after some searching on le interleg i can see why. Not allowed knives with springy blades in the UK. Enjoy!
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Excellent Rob. I'd ask for pictures, but then I'd have to come up with some of mine as well :o Londonderry is very close. There are no known B+M Stores around here, Kittery Trading Post is the closest that have some models. There is one dealer I use, in Texas. I can put you in touch with her if you want. I also have a fair share of models in case you want to check some out sometime.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
rob i

Post by rob i »

Hey Chris-

There is one store in hudson (could be nashua) that sells benchmade, but sadly not spyderco last I checked. I wish I remembered the name, but it's been a while since i've been there.

anyway here are some pics. Ashamed to admit that the little ambitious next to it is the only other spyderco that I own at the moment. I'll see what I can do to correct that...ha ha

Rob
Attachments
citadel and ambitious open.jpg
citadel and ambitious open.jpg (70.38 KiB) Viewed 4132 times
citadel and ambitious closed.jpg
citadel and ambitious closed.jpg (68.47 KiB) Viewed 4115 times
citadel 1.jpg
citadel 1.jpg (81.5 KiB) Viewed 4124 times
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Welcome to the forums and great choice of knife! I would like to know what you think of it. While I can't legally order one of these to where I am, I am interested in checking one out one day when it is plausible..
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

welcom; the black on black look's good on the citadel. greeetzzz
docwatson

Post by docwatson »

I own the bigger citadel and it is one heck of a knife. Very strong and quick, you will be very happy with it.