Road Trip with my Spydies

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
araneae

Road Trip with my Spydies

Post by araneae »

So I am off to Florida for about a week as of Sunday. I will be camping in the pan handle area. I am at the part of packing where I have to decide which knives to take and which will sadly be left behind. Here's what I decided on taking with:

Salt 1 PE
Vagabond
Meadowlark FRN PE
Cara cara FRN CE
I will also bring my Tramontina machete and a SAK.

I wish I could bring them all, but must show some restraint. Do you have a particular :spyder: you bring with you when you go out of town? Am I the only one with separation anxiety?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: If I don't know the laws I stick to 3" or less. Some states'll hassle you if you carry more than one if they prohibit carrying for defense. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

FL has very generous knife laws, especially the pocket knives. Those you have listed are fine. Carry your gear and have a fun time in our beautiful FL..........take care and God Bless! :D
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Currently, for road travel...

I like either the Military PE or Manix PE (depending on rotation) in my FRP, with the Delica 4 FRN SE in my BLP.

A Buck 110 Folding Hunter and Leatherman Super Tool 200 are sheathed on my belt on the right, with an Imperial Boy Scout pocket knife in my FLP.

During rest stops at a fast food restaurant or gas station, I usually remove and leave the Military or Manix (as well as the Buck 110) in the vehicle.

I also pack the Delica 4 FRN PE and the Caly3 PE and SE in my bags. If a more discreet carry is required upon arrival at my destination, the Military or Manix (along with the Buck 110) are removed and the Delica 4 FRN PE and SE are ECD'd with the Leatherman and Imperial. If I need to be more discreet than that, the Caly3 PE and SE take over for the Delicas.
gandalfe

Post by gandalfe »

It's always a difficult decision for me, on which knives, to bring on a trip.I go hiking and canoing a lot, and what to bring, comes up often.I generaly go for a :a fixed blade 4-7 inches; a thick model SAK, and a few thin blade Spydie folders, to do most of the camp work[cutting food,tinder etc] I would go crazy, if I had a large knife collection , as I would never be able to make up my mind.