Subcom #4 "Black Beauty"

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

Subcom #4 "Black Beauty"

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Today the Big Brown truck pulls up to my work place and the man hands me a package....wasn't expecting anything so you can guess I was quite suprised to receive a knife in the mail....I opened it up to find a gorgeous all Black (black blade, black handle, black studs, black clip etc...)Subcom F in CE....I was shocked...so I look for a note in the package and there is none....I'm like what the heck...who sent this....I check the return address and after a while I realize that the return addy is Boker USA itself.....Chad?....Terry? you guys have anything to do with this?....If you did... Thank you so much! I must admit this was quite a suprise as I just got a Tan CE Subcom from Chad just a few days ago and have been testing it and enjoying it a whole lot (open and close, open and close, open and close all day long LOL). I have to say this ... the Black Subcom (which I'm naming "Black Beauty") is the most handsome Subcom F to date....It is stunning!!!!!.....Mrs. Snubnose said so!!! Which means I have to hide it for now or it will no longer be in my collection ;) Can't have that now!!!! Once again whomever is responsible for sending this one out to me... Thank You!!! I greatly appreciate it!...Doc :D
PS... Thank God the Subcom is a small knife...for if it were any bigger It would have to replace one of my spydercos for EDC....but because of it's size I can manage carrying 4 of them no problem....Can't wait for the Wharnie and Rescue Models ;)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Hmm...are they out already? We're not even close to October. :confused:

Congrats Doc, however you managed to acquire it :p
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

smcfalls13 wrote:Hmm...are they out already? We're not even close to October. :confused:

Congrats Doc, however you managed to acquire it :p
Subcoms are like Manna from Heaven....they seem to be dropping from the sky into my lap....I'm loving it!!!! Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Subcoms are like Manna from Heaven....they seem to be dropping from the sky into my lap....I'm loving it!!!! Doc :D
LOL... :D

Can't complain about that :p

-Sir Winston Churchill-
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Doc. My name is Alex and I hate you.
Black AND CE at the same time, that's too much for a single man ;)
Otherwise, congrats on your new knife and enjoy it. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

It must be the Biscuit Fairy (like the tooth fairy). Doc how do you store your Subcoms? I hope to repeat your methods and maybe the Biscuit Fairy will grant me some new biscuits.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
spydo

Post by spydo »

[quote="dialex"]Black AND CE at the same time, that's too much for a single man ]
It's probably because of all the good karma he possesses. :)

Pics would be appreciated.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

spydo wrote:It's probably because of all the good karma he possesses. :)

Pics would be appreciated.
Spydo: You'll find a pic here on this link (scroll down)....mine looks the same cept the serrated part has a high polished gleam to it contrasted on the black blade is stunning....Doc :D

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=415414

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

zenheretic wrote:It must be the Biscuit Fairy (like the tooth fairy). Doc how do you store your Subcoms? I hope to repeat your methods and maybe the Biscuit Fairy will grant me some new biscuits.
Ah Zen: The Biscuit Fairy knows I don't store the Subcoms...she knows that I edc them....Doc :D

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Congrats Doc!

Mental note to self - add yet another SUBCOM to the "want" list. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

It's been almost 48 hours...and the mystery behind the "Black Beauty" still continues....I'm starting to wonder if there is a Biscuit Fairy.... :confused: Doc :D

Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

Doc, there must be a biscuit fairy...I think you have all the current manifestations of this little beauty...

I, erm, misplaced my favorite little biscuit and it's driving me nuts!!! I'm hoping the biscuit fairy will bring me one!! It's what happens when I clean my house, I guess!! :(

I figured it out, Doc! The more knives you have, the bigger the magnetic field! Since your warchest is huge it is automatically drawing any knives that drive by your place to it!!! LOL!! :D
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

sweet! i'm still enjoying my "regular" subcom, and now i want the BB and a FB versions too! :D
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:It's been almost 48 hours...and the mystery behind the "Black Beauty" still continues....I'm starting to wonder if there is a Biscuit Fairy.... :confused: Doc :D
Aloha SSifu!

Gotta run, but will try to be back tonight...*flutter-flutter-flutter*. ;)

(NO...not the sound of the jail food leaving the body as a form of toxic gas! :D Although...it could be! :eek: :D :eek: )

God bless and take care :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Mystery Solved....This "Black Beauty" is a production sample sent out to me from the VP over at Boker USA to test....Thank you Chad and thank you Mr. VP over at Boker USA....let the testing begin.... :eek: One thing for sure I can say about this Black CE Subcom F is that you're gonna be thrilled to get your hands on this one...(special, stunning, gorgeous, functional are words that can't begin to describe this beauty) More extensive reviews to follow soon....Doc :D

Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I'm really interested in the upcoming Wharcom. Might be a good work EDC in scrubs. How much do these things weigh?
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Halfneck wrote:I'm really interested in the upcoming Wharcom. Might be a good work EDC in scrubs. How much do these things weigh?
Practically nothing. If nobody weighs one by tomorrow evening, I'll put it on the scales at work.

-Sir Winston Churchill-
Terry Trahan

Post by Terry Trahan »

Congrats Doc!!
It was funny, my boss, the VP in question came running out to me yesterday,
and asked, "Who is Zip, how did he get a Black Beauty?" hahaha
So I told him who you were SifuDoc.
It's great to see the happiness this little biscuit is giving people.
Thanks, Terry

There are no Tactical Knives, just Tactical Minds.
( Fred Perrin)
Hannibal Lecter

Join the Club...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friends,
dialex wrote:Hi Doc. My name is Alex and I hate you.
Alex, we should start a club! LOL!

Seriously, Doc. My congratulations, my friend! Enjoy!

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Terry Trahan wrote:Congrats Doc!!
It was funny, my boss, the VP in question came running out to me yesterday,
and asked, "Who is Zip, how did he get a Black Beauty?" hahaha
So I told him who you were SifuDoc.
It's great to see the happiness this little biscuit is giving people.
Terry that was very funny! LOL For a While there I was wondering the same thing.......Doc :D