What knife is your trusty companion?(scary pic inside)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

What knife is your trusty companion?(scary pic inside)

Post by spydutch »

Greetings you all :)

I once read a post a while back by Ed Shempp about using just one knife all the time so that this way the knife really becomes part of you and using that knife becomes second nature.

I wondered what knife is your trusty companion?

As of lately mine is the Endura 3/SE. I use it at work, at home, every where.
Where I go there goes my Endura. My Delica3/SE is a very close second.
The generation 4 models have a hard time growing on me however :confused:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Django

Post by Django »

My KIDS are in the room, what is the matter with you?!

:D
----------------------------
----------------------------
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I don't fully agree with Ed, but I think the difference between his situation, of not only working for himself, but on his own property most of the time, and mine of working in a government office surrounded by bleating heart liberals, accounts for a large measure of that.

My Kiwi serves me well for light tasks, and is better than nothing in those situations where exposing a larger blade might cause someone to stain the carpet.

My Stretch (lately the STR customized one) serves for tasks better done with a larger blade in those moments when I have sufficient privacy to deploy it.

In addition, my micarta Jester serves like the small square of "blankie" an otherwise very mature friend of my still carries in his wallet for comfort, it soothes my paranoid dread that I may someday forget both my other :spyder: s at home. :o :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

There is a saying in the gun world: "Beware the man with only one gun - he probably knows how to use it." The flaw I see is that I routinely outshot a bunch of those one gun men with two or three different guns in a given match. I carry a Dodo and an Endura 4 (among others). I like both, I use both, but there is never a question in my mind which will come out for a given task. Just because you have learned to do a particular job with a certain tool doesn't always make it the best tool for that job. :rolleyes:
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

LIL TEMP! :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: ;)
JaM

Post by JaM »

Delica 4 PE. I still have trouble adjusting to the waved Endura though... Because that SHOULD have been my new EDC (that's why I bought it). But for now, delica it is.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Just one knife? Never! :eek: :D

Well, I do keep coming back to tip-up spydies with leaf shaped blades and full flat grinds. I enjoy collecting and using that format in different sizes. I guess I do have my one favorite set of design features.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Never, I can't choose just one! :eek: :D

I can give you my top 4 go to Spyderco

1. ATR
2. Para
3. Dodo
4. Cento 4

The Yojimbo has been in my pocket the past few days (new knife fever), and it is still in the "field testing" stage. It may or may not make it into my top, too soon to tell.
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

I came kind of full circle. Started out many, many years ago with the - now classic - Police model. Went with every new model for many years but now, I've returned to an other classic - in a very modern and revamped style however - the Delica!
I now carry a Delica as my EDC. I have several different models but which ever I choose, it is a Delica!. One of the best EDC knives I know.
Jurphaas.
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Nemo3000

Post by Nemo3000 »

Hello,

my trusty one is a PE Starmate...
I love every single detail in that knife.

Now I go to the opposite: Jess Horn II ZDP.

Light and thin !

Guess what? Time will tell. :D
Bowie Man

Post by Bowie Man »

Hey Spydutch,

The Chinook II has been my steady (off work) EDC since it came out, but now I find myself really attached to the Mini Manix...it just seems to fit in the pocket easier. Great little knife.
mr.vu

Post by mr.vu »

Military!

Vu
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Hi Spydutch,

Most of the days I've a Delica 3 with me or for weekend Military / Para-Military (all in plain :o ).
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

For the longest time it has been the Delica III PE. Today I just got a Delica 4 PE. I'll see how it is after a while.

Recently I changed to the Paramilitary too...
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Adventura & SS Delica4 SE.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

Always have a Cricket on me. I usually switch between my Military, CE Endura & PE Ti. ATR as my SD knife.
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

My 3rd gen. Delica was like that before I gave it to my friend. It had more character than any other knife in my collection by the time I was done with it. My Tasman Salt is starting to claim that place now, and while being the most beaten up, dirty knife I have, it always seems to find a way into my pocket.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

i have edc's my FRN caly, jr PE (VG-10) longer than any other knife. since i got it (couple of months ago), I have carried it every day. i have yet to feel the need or desire to carry anything else. so far, its perfect for me.
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

Mr Blonde wrote:Just one knife? Never! :eek: :D

Well, I do keep coming back to tip-up spydies with leaf shaped blades and full flat grinds. I enjoy collecting and using that format in different sizes. I guess I do have my one favorite set of design features.

Wouter
:spyder: I agree completely with Wouter. I carry many but usually come back to leaf shaped tip up. Hawkbills are also good ;) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

my long time companion is a SS SE Harpy that i just got back from Golden. i also carry a black SE Dodo alot partiularly while by Harpy was away. from time to time a PE Native or Volpe gets some pocket time, mostly if i know i'm going to be doing food-prep sorta stuff at work for lunch (like cutting fruit). although my Harpy did a more than servicable job on the peach i just ate.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net