Disappointed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mccoywg

Disappointed

Post by mccoywg »

I recieved my new navigator II in the mail on march 27, first impressions was that it was a great choice. I did notice however that it was tough to open. Well within two days the lock that keeps the blade in the open position failed. I tried putting a dab of grease at the blade pivot point. It was now easier to open but the lock was still inop. I was hoping for a better product. I then was forced to ship it back to spyderco at my expense. I am now waiting to see what kind of customer service they have. The knife was never used to open anything other than an envelope so abuse was not the problem.
PSU

Post by PSU »

I am sorry to hear the news about your Navigator II.

"lock that keeps the blade in the open position failed" Could you please describe this in more detail. Does the lock fully engage? What are you doing when it fails?

I have dealt with the Spyderco repair department a few times and I couldn't have been more pleased. If there is a problem with your knife then they will make it right.

Tom
mccoywg

Post by mccoywg »

The knife was tough to open and had a very gritty feel to it. It locked fine at first but I don't think I opened it more that 2 dozen times befoe the lock would no longer engage.
Woody

Post by Woody »

No worries mccoywg, they will take care of you.... I have dealt with them in the past and had nothing but the best of the best service from Sal and the Gang....
Easer to ask for forgiveness than permission…. :p
BlackNinja

No worries!!!

Post by BlackNinja »

mccoywg wrote: I am now waiting to see what kind of customer service they have. The knife was never used to open anything other than an envelope so abuse was not the problem.
I wouldn't really worry about customer service. Best in the Biz!!! ;) :cool:
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
Hannibal Lecter

Send It In...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Friend,

Please contact Amanda Hinnen in Spyderco Customer Service:
customerservice@spyderco.com

I can guarantee she will take care of your problem. I personally owned a Nav II and can say with 100% accuracy that the problem you describe is not normal.

Trust me on this one: if Spyderco W&R cannot make you happy, you are simply impossible to make happy. :D

I hope this assists you!

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
bk1

Post by bk1 »

I totally agree with Hannibal. Amanda is the best and will take care of you. I am rather new to :spyder: and did a nasty job of sharpening my Nav II. Sent it into to Sperdco to have it sharpened and Amanda informed me that the lock was broken (different than yours-when I pressed the lock in the blade fell halfway down like a guillotine). I was too stupid to realize it should not do that. She sent me out a new Nav II within a few days.
I couldn't be happier with the way Amanda handled this for me and am totally enjoying my new knife.
The one thing I did notice was they seem to need a few very hot baths (I have 2 of these) to clean them out.
Once you get your knife either fixed or replaced I think you will really be glad you got a :spyder:

bk
:D
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

hang in there, your disappointment will be short-lived. i had a minor problem with my SPOT neck knife and sent it in a few weeks ago. it will take some time -- from what i hear they take every repair job very seriously -- but you will see how an honest company treats its customers. i have complete faith that my SPOT issue will be resolved to my satisfaction. take care...
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)