CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

bh49 wrote:500 out of 800 sold already. Not bad at all. I thought about passing and hoped that all of them would be sold out right away. It is getting harder and not to buy one. :(
Too much money already spent in November-December.
I called them last week about my pre-order and they couldn't tell me anything, so this is good news! I hear you about the money! It's only paper though! :D
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Anyone else surprised this is taking so long to sell out? I remember people saying 10 days tops at first.. Just curious?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Price, size, the existence of S110V, would be my top guesses.
:bug-red-white
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

jalcon wrote:Anyone else surprised this is taking so long to sell out? I remember people saying 10 days tops at first.. Just curious?
Their site says they are about to receive 297 more.

I am surprised at the length of time, but then the Para2 and Military are usually much more popular. The Manix 2 XL feels great to me but some people think it is too big, and it is too big for some jurisdictions. It is priced a little high too. I wonder what the S90V Military first sold for.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bdblue wrote:..I wonder what the S90V Military first sold for.
A little wiki work says they were originally $319.95 MSRP.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

jalcon wrote:Anyone else surprised this is taking so long to sell out? I remember people saying 10 days tops at first.. Just curious?
I'm pretty surprised they haven't sold out yet, I did my part and bought 2 as soon as they were available :) . I *really* love mine, but it *is* a pretty large pocket-filler, may be too large for some people/jurisdictions. I'm just glad I don't have to worry too much about blade length in Texas, up to 5 1/2" except some cities like San Antonio.

The CF is perfect to me - Offers a secure grip similar to G10, but looks a bit nicer. I haven't had the opportunity to view any fluted CF in person, that *really* sounds great. I do also like the fluted Ti models I have.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

Evil D wrote:"Early 2014" would be ideal for me.
I think "in my pocket already" would be ideal for me. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
black

Post by black »

MCM wrote:(297) more of these will be shipping next week. (130) have been shipped so far & about 500 total orders have been placed.
(For those who are keeping track) :)

It's friday now. I ordered the first day they were available. Can't imagine I'm not one of the first 427. Anybody got a shipping notification this week?
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

black wrote:It's friday now. I ordered the first day they were available. Can't imagine I'm not one of the first 427. Anybody got a shipping notification this week?
I got mine today in the mail.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

black wrote:It's friday now. I ordered the first day they were available. Can't imagine I'm not one of the first 427. Anybody got a shipping notification this week?
You should give them a call.

Tom
Pake

Post by Pake »

Yes, definitely call them. I was at the tail end of this batch of 297. I received my shipping notification on Monday, and the knife arrived yesterday. KW sold a little over 400 pieces when I placed my order on Dec 6.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Donut wrote:I think "in my pocket already" would be ideal for me. :)
Man you ain't kidding. I am so excited for this knife. I plan on setting aside some tax refund money for two of them.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Chris_H wrote:I got mine today in the mail.
Got my shipping notice last week! I called them the week before that just to confirm my order, which they did! The knife came yesterday and I'm very pleased! I ordered the first day also but I waited till 8PM instead of 8AM like most! You should call them and confirm your order, then ask them about further details. They are nice people! :)
black

Post by black »

eric m. wrote: I ordered the first day also but I waited till 8PM instead of 8AM like most! You should call them and confirm your order, then ask them about further details. They are nice people! :)

I ordered around 10:30 AM. What am I supposed to confirm? My order has been paid weeks ago. On the other hand I am still waiting for any progress on a 0777 order from '11 as well... :rolleyes:
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

black wrote:I ordered around 10:30 AM. What am I supposed to confirm? My order has been paid weeks ago. On the other hand I am still waiting for any progress on a 0777 order from '11 as well... :rolleyes:
0777? The original Damascus/Vanax 35 blade 0777 is long out of production and I'm fairly sure the M390 version production run is done too..you will most likely need to go to the secondary markets to get one of those..be ready to dig really deep into the ole wallet if you want the original Vanax 35 version.

Back on track..I've never owned or even seen a Manix XL before so when I got 2 of the CF XL's in a couple of days ago my first thought was wow definitely a big honkin oof dah knife with a big slab of S90V.

Overall I really like this dealer exclusive. The S90V really shines sharpened on the SM medium rods with a toothy edge and the CF has a lot of grip, though it will probably smooth out some with use. Its not a "disappear in the pocket" knife but the width of it seems to help spread out the weight. Carried it all day today with no issues and did forget it was there till I needed it.

Well done KW and Spyderco. It was worth the wait.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Am surprised to say there are about 60 of these available at KW.
(740 have sold) To me its a new favorite, but do know the Millie and Para are super popular.
Guess I just like bigger blades. No problem at all in my pocket. :D
It may be one of those that gain traction once they become un obtainable.
In any case, thanks Sal & Spyderco! What a great blade! :spyder:
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

And thanks to Roger and the Folks at KW also!
Ray Allen

Post by Ray Allen »

Really liking mine, a lot. Wish I knew more about any long term testing of the lock. Strength compared to a compression lock etc. The carbon fiber scales are so nice and of course S90V is great. Mine is a keeper for years to come...
MCM

Post by MCM »

The last 20 of 800 are available. In case anyone here has been on the fence.
Just a heads up. :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Donut

Post by Donut »

MCM wrote:Am surprised to say there are about 60 of these available at KW.
(740 have sold) To me its a new favorite, but do know the Millie and Para are super popular.
Guess I just like bigger blades. No problem at all in my pocket. :D
It may be one of those that gain traction once they become un obtainable.
In any case, thanks Sal & Spyderco! What a great blade! :spyder:
Yeah, I've heard people saying that they are too big. *shrug*

I carry mine once in a while and think that it's too big to carry all the time.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!