R.I.P Tank

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

So sorry for your loss Tank. I know words are of little consolation at a time like this, but you are blessed to have loved and been friends with such a selfless companion.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

You were close "friends", you and Tank. I'm so sorry to hear from you loss John.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Beautiful dog. I always felt that this is absolutely unfair that dog have such a short life. A dog should live as long as a man.
RIP Tank
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I feel for you my friend. I lost Francis last January and I still long to see his welcoming look each morning.
Holland

Post by Holland »

sorry for your loss! i know the pain of losing an animal :(
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

So sorry John. It's amazing that they can pack a lifetime of love in the short time we are blessed to have them in our lives.
:spyder:
Dan
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Hi, John...

...This event and thread have deeply moved me; what an obviously magnificent, loving animal and companion TANK was to you, and conversely you to him. ;)

I, like others here have shared that deep loss and personal pain from agonizing over our Best Friends' passings. I never had kids, and I was always staunchly devoted in spirit and love to each of my pets over the many years -- recently losing the sweetest little kitty-cat (a feral rescued pet from a month old) just about three weeks back --
--Not to overshadow TANK: an absolutely beautiful and loving animal certainly in so many ways to you in his rite!!!

My experience with this type of mournful loss has usually been, at the end, them falling peacefully to sleep, but I'm sorry so say that 'dB' (as in decibel... a fixture around the studio for 16 loving years) died an all-to-sudden traumatic death, and I held him throughout the seeming endless convulsions right up to his passing, tears streaking my face, determined that he would not face this alone.

TANK reminds me of a Rottie I once had named 'Sargon' -- papered 'Sargon of Assyria'. When he passed, I experienced a great deal of what you and others here have as well.)

I support you in this incredibly tough time -- we're all God's Creatures, and so... He eventually calls each home for the company of His beloved children throughout eternity. I do absolutely take solace in this universal fact.

It is written, and I paraphrase:
"Whosoever Doeth Unto The Least Of These, Doeth Likewise Unto Me".

...Pretty much puts 'LOVE' in starkly powerful context for me here! :)

You were, and I hope will again be an amazingly loving and boundlessly devoted companion to fabulous divine gifts, likewise Our Companions...

[CENTER]R.I.P.TANK[/CENTER]

-- God Bless --

- BRUCE :cool:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

John....so sorry to hear about Tank............God Bless...Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

John, sorry for your loss.
zgerm

Post by zgerm »

Sorry for hear that.....get well soon
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

John, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. No doubt Tank was special... and for those of us who've had special bonds with our dogs, we feel your pain.

My family had a few dogs while I was growing up, but none more special than a particular German shepard and a particular border collie. Both lived good lives for at least ten years, but for each there came a day where they were allowed to pass to prevent any further suffering. The border collie, though, was most interesting, and not meaning to dominate this thread, I believe this story will have meaning...

The border collie, Shep, lived a good, long life, and was still looking out for my family when I went on active duty and left home. He was always be there when I came home on leave. But, one day he succumbed to a health issue that the veterinarian couldn't reverse, so he was allowed to pass in peace. And, when I next came home on leave knowing Shep had passed, I swore on at least a couple of days that I caught glimpses of him dashing past a door or laying in the kitchen every once in a while. These were fleeting moments where I couldn't get a clear view of him, but I KNEW it was him. One day while on leave, when I finally felt the moment was right, I told my family I could've swore that I'd seen Shep on a couple of occasions... and... they nodded... they, too, confirmed, that they've also seem him as well.

So, even in death our dogs are looking over us and doing their part to protect.

Again, John, I'm sorry for your loss... and, keep in mind that Tank is still looking over you and your family.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Tank

Post by Tank »

Just wanted to say thank you all for the kind words. It's taken me a while to be able to get through the posts. It's never easy loosing a pet, Loosing Tank has hit me pretty hard as he was not only the first dog I raised from a puppy but he was my main hiking partner for many years and always by my side. I have many many wonderful memories to smile at when I think of him.
-John