Bitten by the bug literally

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BadFish

Bitten by the bug literally

Post by BadFish »

I was being stupid not watching something I was cutting well as the cut went through it also went through my thumb :/.

Hurts like **** missing some my thumb now.

Pictures are gruesome beware.

~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
Clip

Post by Clip »

Looks like no stitches needed - congrats!
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Lol nothing to stitch up really took it off clean. My thumbs gonna be weird now.
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

HEY.. You got lucky.. When I got bit by my CAT in June.. It was a trip to the ER and 10 stitches... Looks good though!! LOL!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Clip

Post by Clip »

jmh58 wrote:HEY.. You got lucky.. When I got bit by my CAT in June.. It was a trip to the ER and 10 stitches... Looks good though!! LOL!!! John
That thread made me want a Cat.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

That was a love bite and you should feel happy. If she wanted you to have stitches... you would have them.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
M80

Post by M80 »

Ouch
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Clip wrote:That thread made me want a Cat.
Maybe Spyderco's advertising department should take that into account...
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Its amazing how being even careless in the slight can cause a nice slice right through our precious dermis. I was cutting paracord when I was making a bracelet the other day and I just tapped the side of my finger with my Dragonfly2 and it gave me a cut 1/2 cm deep and 2 cm long, Just the slightest tap on my finger! my UKPK hasn't tasted my blood yet, but I'm sure it longs for the moment I will be careless enough to let it close on my fingers when cutting something.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Sparki

Post by Sparki »

That's a clean cut. What knife was it?

I'm scared of the day my knives try to bite me.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Very nice clean cut :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

It was my orange delica. Amazing how we use these sharp tools everyday and still manage to let our guard down. I know ill do it again.
modestglock26

Post by modestglock26 »

My Endura went in and stuck into the bone, and took out a nerve with it...

Poured liquid bandaid on it and wrapped it with about 20 band aids, cause the gf were heading out for burgers. Welp, she wouldn't shut up when I bled through all of them, so Urgent Care we went. Seeing the bone was neat.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Just love-bits. Tis but a scratch. :D
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder: