Cruwear Military ETA

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

bdblue wrote:I wonder how the flippers are able to get some many of them that they can sell them continually on ebay, and legitimate dealers only get groups of 12.
What flippers? Went to ebay and took a look..the one's I see for sale are by being sold by real deal knife dealers..I've noticed a increase in the number of knife dealers doing that..
DBH

Post by DBH »

The Cruwear seems really nice. Got mine today. I am going to take outside when I do some yard and landscaping work.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Philo Beddoe wrote:What flippers? Went to ebay and took a look..the one's I see for sale are by being sold by real deal knife dealers..I've noticed a increase in the number of knife dealers doing that..
Maybe he is referring to the ones that sold being for $220-240 so far. That number might go up, IDK.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Donut wrote:Are you sure? I thought I read there were only 600 CPM-D2 Militaries made.
Sorry - thought we were talking about the Cruwear sprint!
Dr Hairy

Post by Dr Hairy »

DougC-3 wrote: Also, in case anybody hasn't noticed, these dealers are usually set up to drop your name from the notification list after they notify you once, so you have to put your name back on the list each time they email you if you want to be notified again.
I've been on the waiting list at NGK since the Cru Millie went on their website May - anyone received notification from them? I emailed them earlier this week because they upped the price from $143 to $155 only to find out they already had them in stock but were limiting sales to one per person - suits me as I'm a user not a hoarder or a flipper.

Anyone actually had one in-hand yet?
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Philo Beddoe wrote:What flippers? Went to ebay and took a look..the one's I see for sale are by being sold by real deal knife dealers..I've noticed a increase in the number of knife dealers doing that..
$240 is MSRP, so selling at that price is definitely within the bounds of commercial reasonableness, even if we expect discounts. Even the discount prices from the usual suspects are varying by almost $20. If you get one from SFO, you'll be paying MSRP.

By the way, if paying MSRP is not a problem, I believe that CK has these in stock now.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

JNewell wrote:$240 is MSRP
Are you sure of that? I ask because the MSRP for the regular S30V version is $250, so I'd expect any Sprint to be at least that much and would be somewhat surprised if it was not higher.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Donut

Post by Donut »

All the dealers I have bookmarked say $239.95 or $240 for MSRP or the "Compare at" price.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Dr Hairy wrote:I've been on the waiting list at NGK since the Cru Millie went on their website May - anyone received notification from them? I emailed them earlier this week because they upped the price from $143 to $155 only to find out they already had them in stock but were limiting sales to one per person - suits me as I'm a user not a hoarder or a flipper.

Anyone actually had one in-hand yet?
I talked to them through email and asked how far I was on the "notification" list. They said in the 20's, but people are passing on this knife here and there obviously. I don't really care anymore though because I ordered one through KW yesterday.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Good news to anyone that ordered from KW yesterday. I emailed them asking what the status was since the order place was a "preorder" She said it shipped out and gave me a tracking number.
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

jalcon wrote:Anyone that ordered from KW yesterday here anything yet?
I got a shipping notice yesterday.

Tom
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Philo Beddoe wrote:They were showing in stock @ GPKnives so called them and ordered one..they said 12 sold out in about 2 or 3 minutes :eek:

Great price though: $149!
this upsets me a little bit. I called GPknives yesterday and the young lady on the phone said "yes we have them", so I asked if I could put in a phone order and she put me on hold to ask if she could and the final response I got was "they will go up on the site today or tomorrow". Not only did I take that as, I have to get one via the website..... but she had them in hand and wouldn't take an order.

Im really happy you got one, just slightly upset at the customer service is all. Im on a list elsewhere and im sure when the hype dies down there will be some here and there
Invective

Post by Invective »

The Deacon wrote:Are you sure of that? I ask because the MSRP for the regular S30V version is $250, so I'd expect any Sprint to be at least that much and would be somewhat surprised if it was not higher.
According to the Spyderco Catalog it's set at $239.95
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The Deacon wrote:Are you sure of that? I ask because the MSRP for the regular S30V version is $250, so I'd expect any Sprint to be at least that much and would be somewhat surprised if it was not higher.
Donut wrote:All the dealers I have bookmarked say $239.95 or $240 for MSRP or the "Compare at" price.
Paul, I assumed MSRP on the same basis that Brian mentioned. That's certainly odd...

John
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Popsickle wrote:this upsets me a little bit. I called GPknives yesterday and the young lady on the phone said "yes we have them", so I asked if I could put in a phone order and she put me on hold to ask if she could and the final response I got was "they will go up on the site today or tomorrow". Not only did I take that as, I have to get one via the website..... but she had them in hand and wouldn't take an order.

Im really happy you got one, just slightly upset at the customer service is all. Im on a list elsewhere and im sure when the hype dies down there will be some here and there
There's no way that 12 or whatever they had is all they're going to get...with 1200 coming there should be plenty to go around, especially with some dealers limiting purchases to 1/household.
Bigwill857

Post by Bigwill857 »

Supply and demand. Simple economics. It will be interesting to see how this steel holds up in a pocket knife.
:spyder:

WANTED: Spyderco Native XL with olive drab FRN! :D
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

JNewell wrote:There's no way that 12 or whatever they had is all they're going to get...with 1200 coming there should be plenty to go around, especially with some dealers limiting purchases to 1/household.
I totally agree with you. I was just disappointed with the customer service is all :( . Not mad/angry but just disappointed. I'll get one eventually lol
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Popsickle wrote:I totally agree with you. I was just disappointed with the customer service is all :( . Not mad/angry but just disappointed. I'll get one eventually lol
Please take this in a totally fraternal way...but I'd go easy on them. This sprint stuff is totally messy and I think they get points for trying to make this work (for example, limiting purchases to 1x/household). Most of these sprints trigger a stampede...I would not want to be in the path of the herd. :)

John
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Popsickle wrote:I totally agree with you. I was just disappointed with the customer service is all :( . Not mad/angry but just disappointed. I'll get one eventually lol
Well, as someone who was on the gpk wait list, I would have been equally disappointed if they had let you cut the que and ordered one via phone. The system they use is fair IMO. Might pick one of these up from SFO if my usual dealer doesn't get any.
I see, said the blind man.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

JNewell wrote:Please take this in a totally fraternal way...but I'd go easy on them. This sprint stuff is totally messy and I think they get points for trying to make this work (for example, limiting purchases to 1x/household). Most of these sprints trigger a stampede...I would not want to be in the path of the herd. :)

John
Your right. I'm 17th on another list so it's a matter of time before I can get one lol.