Knife Works Para2 up for preorder

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

This is the 4th para 2 I've owned and I have to say that Spyderco brought their A game on this one. It is absolutely perfect. Thanks Spyderco!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Henry - get both wrote:Ok I've had these for a full day now. When are they coming out with a CPM-m4 para?
This made me laugh pretty hard haha :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Donut

Post by Donut »

On Edge wrote:But there is no way I'm gonna pay $300 for it - "increased value" due to limited availability is vapor. I have 2 other PM2's, and they work just fine.
Get on the waiting list.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

Donut wrote:Get on the waiting list.
I doubt Knifeworks has a waiting list now. They were backed up so far months ago they said they weren't taking any names.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Those of you that didn't order one of these, don't feel too bad, I ordered and paid for 2. After waiting a year, USPS tracking says they were delivered Saturday, but they never showed up. I'm more than a little irritated right now....
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

wsdavies wrote:Those of you that didn't order one of these, don't feel too bad, I ordered and paid for 2. After waiting a year, USPS tracking says they were delivered Saturday, but they never showed up. I'm more than a little irritated right now....
Oh thats funny because I received 4! Ok not really.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

wsdavies wrote:USPS tracking says they were delivered Saturday, but they never showed up. I'm more than a little irritated right now....
I am really sorry to hear this. But this happened with me at least once, when tracking showed "delivered" and knife showed up few days later. I had a story with UPS even worse.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Sorry to hear that. This always happens with me too. When my package that has tracking gets to Manila, the idiot there will always put delivered in tracking when the package still has to get on a plane to get to my island.
Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Got a call this afternoon for updated CC info, and received an email a little while later that the order has SHIPPED! Even though I've got some of their exotic Para 2 sprints, I still cherish my first Para 2--the Black/S30V. It's still my #1, and will probably be a safe queen for a while after the new model arrives.
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I hope you are right. A year is a long time to wait and then find out Nada. At any rate, I paid through Paypal so technically Knife Works should have used Signature Confirmation as the order was over $250... Hmmm I'll check with the Post Office tomorrow and see what they have to say....
bh49 wrote:I am really sorry to hear this. But this happened with me at least once, when tracking showed "delivered" and knife showed up few days later. I had a story with UPS even worse.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
angusW

Post by angusW »

Green on this one is real nice.

Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

wsdavies wrote:I hope you are right. A year is a long time to wait and then find out Nada. At any rate, I paid through Paypal so technically Knife Works should have used Signature Confirmation as the order was over $250... Hmmm I'll check with the Post Office tomorrow and see what they have to say....
I've had tons of problems with USPS. I use UPS whenever I can now. At least all packages shipped through them are automatically insured for up to $100.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

In general I've had decent luck with the post office. I live in a very low crime area, so I highly doubt anyone swiped it. I'm guessing it wasn't actually delivered but that it was scanned. Fingers crossed.
Spyder-fan wrote:I've had tons of problems with USPS. I use UPS whenever I can now. At least all packages shipped through them are automatically insured for up to $100.
Theodore Roosevelt
Holland

Post by Holland »

i paid for mine 5 days ago and havent received any emails back. they do send u a shipping confirmation when they send it right ?
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Donut

Post by Donut »

Holland wrote:i paid for mine 5 days ago and havent received any emails back. they do send u a shipping confirmation when they send it right ?
Yes, I got one.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Donut wrote:Yes, I got one.
Wooot!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Got a call to get my updated CC# and my order shipped out today as well!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Mine's coming in tomorrow! Not directly from KW...

Many thanks once again to my good friend Josh aka Salmonkiller on the boards. Sacrificed his backup so I can get in on the fun.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Holland wrote:This made me laugh pretty hard haha :D
Yeah me too hehe, but he does have a point...
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

wsdavies wrote:In general I've had decent luck with the post office. I live in a very low crime area, so I highly doubt anyone swiped it. I'm guessing it wasn't actually delivered but that it was scanned. Fingers crossed.
I wouldn't give up yet - I have read a number of cases where exactly that has happened - scanned as delivered days ahead of actual delivery. Here's hoping it all works out, though there's no denying it's annoying... :(