Kopa Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Kopa Sprint

Post by elena86 »

Does anyone miss the kopas ?! :cool:
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I'd like to see one but where it follows suit to the Kopas now.

I can already see the "S90V, peelply CF" posts now... No thanks.
Come Join Us Click Here
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Given that Sal had hinted it would happen before the series got discontinued, I'd love to see a run of Kopas without provision for a clip. Know there's at least one other forumite who feels the same.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

I agree strongly with Deacon-no clip. For me, the Kopa is an excellent knife to carry loose in a pocket. If it's felt there's a need for a clip, how about a compromise: a removable clip that doesn't have a recessed area under it?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

buckthorn wrote:I agree strongly with Deacon-no clip. For me, the Kopa is an excellent knife to carry loose in a pocket. If it's felt there's a need for a clip, how about a compromise: a removable clip that doesn't have a recessed area under it?
It would be better than nothing, but not much. I think after 16 versions that catered to those who prefer clips, a single version dedicated to those of us who do not isn't all that unreasonable a request. Not to mention that a removable clip without the gouge in the bolster would probably require flat slab bolsters which would change the entire look and feel of the knife and lower my interest considerably. In any event, removing it would still leave holes that would detract from the appearance of the knife if not filled. Even after that expense, unless the bolster is then engraved, the "fillers" are going to be quite visible.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

The Kopa has substantial bolsters, I wonder if there is enough 'beef' there to drill holes in the side for mounting a removable clip.

Alternatively, use a single large bore fastener (similar to a Tassman clip) and provide/sell a pin drive filler screw with the Spyderco bug cut into the end(s) of the filler screw. Even a hex shaped screw with the logo on the center would work. This might also be an accessory for de-clipping other Spyderco knives with the single barrel nut.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

No argument with what Deacon has said. My suggestion was only as a last resort if that's the only way (with clip) Sal would consider another Kopa. Good point about the bolster having to be flat if there's to be no recess. I could never understand the reason for that recess. Now, I do. Thanks.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote:Know there's at least one other forumite who feels the same.
Probably more than one. I seriously doubt that Tony or Daniel will be able to resist clipless Kopa. Dentless even better.
The Deacon wrote:It would be better than nothing, but not much. I think after 16 versions that catered to those who prefer clips, a single version dedicated to those of us who do not isn't all that unreasonable a request.
Absolutely. If somebody needs regular Kopa, quite a few of them available on the secondary market and few variants go for about the same as we paid when they came out.
I really need clipless Kopa preferably jigged bone or nice wood. Aged Amber Stug bone or desert ironwood would be a dream come true.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Bump
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Never thought I would utter these words, but "I would like a a clipless Kopa."
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
dwong

Post by dwong »

I do need a all SS Kopa, to match my all SS Kiwi.
I like the clip on the Kopa.
I see the atoms free and fine,That bubble like a sparkling wine; I see the songs Electrons sing,Jumping from ring to outer ring;
-Lister