PICS: Valloton Sub-Hilt Folder

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The overall finish on my Vallotton (and Navaja) seem pretty similar to my other Taiwan knives. The inside of the liners of both look pretty darn good to me. Yeah, they're not high gloss polished, but they're more than smooth enough, and evenly machined. And I really don't care if the inside of my liners are glossy anyway. The outside, and blade grinds look fantastic. On a production knife at this price, I would call that nit-picking.

The blade grind, I can see as a bigger issue. But the grinds on mine look almost perfect. But I'm sure a few come out not quite as perfect.
:bug-red-white
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This knife is super intriguing to me and that's funny because it's not really my style, but i have this inner lust for bolsters and i love how "straight" the overall design is. I'd love to see pics of it next to other Spydies for a size comparison...like next to a Delica and maybe a Para 2?

On a side note, does anyone know if that blackened clip will fit a Para 2? Same hole configuration?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
cheez

Post by cheez »

gbelleh wrote:The overall finish on my Vallotton (and Navaja) seem pretty similar to my other Taiwan knives. The inside of the liners of both look pretty darn good to me. Yeah, they're not high gloss polished, but they're more than smooth enough, and evenly machined. And I really don't care if the inside of my liners are glossy anyway. The outside, and blade grinds look fantastic. On a production knife at this price, I would call that nit-picking.

The blade grind, I can see as a bigger issue. But the grinds on mine look almost perfect. But I'm sure a few come out not quite as perfect.
Yes it is nitpicking, I agree with that. However, as I said before, I only noticed it because I had seen better ones before. The great thing about the other knives from Taiwan ist that they finished in places where no one is looking.
I do disagree with the "finish" being similar. It's not, not on the one I have here, and not on the pics I've seen. Not on my Navaja either. The inside (note: only the inside) looks like it just fell off the grinder.

Now it's totally okay if you don't care for that. And the finish is also totally okay for a normal knife, especially given the fact that the finish on the outside is great.

But, it's not on par with the "everywhere" excellent finish on other Taiwan knives.

Though I still do love my Navaja :D

Cheers, Keno
"I sold my voice to pay for my security. Now I write my sentences on its walls." - Jason Cruz
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The blade grind on mine is a bit off on one side, but not a bother...and I have a very slight space between the G10 slab and the subhilt on the lock side, that bothers me more, but not enough to try and do anything about it.

I think that the Valloton is really a immensely comfortable knife. Though I will say...as a lefty, a b!tch to disengage the lock because it takes a lot of force, but again, not too bothered.
On the hunt for...
spyder_guy

Post by spyder_guy »

That will be my next spydie...