So what did you cut with spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

Nifty_Nives wrote:Did manage to get some grit into the blade, though. Any suggestions on how to was that out?
http://spyderco.com/forums/showpost.php ... tcount=105

I've also heard of using floss. I've found that my Pacific is pretty good at just working grit out on its own though, maybe with a little help from basic washing under a tap.
"Nothing makes a knife maker-designer feel better than to see their efforts used." -Ed
~ My knives list ~
~ Knife photos ~
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

This is such a knife nerd thread... but I love it! I haven't cut anything yet today, but I fondled my textured D4 - I'm going down to the river later to birdwatch and WHITTLE with it and my Stretch. :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I used my caly 3.5 today to cut open a few tubes of caulking, opened a couple of those pesky plastic packages and finished up with cutting a squash.
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

used the ti sage to cut up some bags and open a few boxes :) touched it up on the sharmaker earlier and shaved some arm hair lol

:D
Vic
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Used my peril ppt to cut open some Ikea furniture boxes. Then cut ip the boxes.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Not one thing today. :(
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
djinnzfree

Post by djinnzfree »

Yesterday, we (all familly) went to picking apple at Emilie's Graden near Rougemont... Eating apple slice by slice...so good!
I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i just used the USN endura to peel back a doorstop and then unlock a door where a lil 1 year old was crying for mommy after she accidentally locked the door. mommy and baby were reunited and all is well..lol
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

So far today? used my millie to pop the SIM card from my phone to re-seat it.

Might have some mail waiting when I get home that I can use it on (3 ebay packages and a letter I'm waiting on right now). I'll have to pop open a container of jalapeno hummus and open a bag of multigrain nacho's tonight for a snack.

ah, the "fun" of a desk job :p
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
newbuyer

Post by newbuyer »

Had to cut an anchor line Saturday. We couldn't get the thing un-anchored! My Tasman made quick work of that rope though! And hauling in 8 of these made it definitely worth losing an anchor.

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/attachme ... 1284491141
Attachments
bull red medium.jpg
bull red medium.jpg (85.2 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
Franciscomv

Post by Franciscomv »

I used my Spydies quite a bit today. I'm helping my girlfriend set up a spa, most of the furniture was delivered today.

My serrated Tasman cut plastic straps, opened boxes and later cut them up to fit in the rubbish bin, trimmed tape, stripped wire and cut carpet. I've realized that I love the knife, love H1 (great for dirty jobs and Southamerican summer humidity!) but I'm not too fond of the serrations. I gave them a try, but I keep wishing it was PE. I probably need a Salt or Pacific Salt as well to add to my EDC rotation.

My S90V Manix 2 helped me prepare several quick meals to keep the energy up througout a long hard day. I'm loving this knife. I'm amazed at how much lighter than my regular Manix 2 it feels.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

peaches cut into 28 cups of pie slices with my PPT
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Used my Assist to cut a cardboard box down into a splint for a guy with a knee injury.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I peeled and sliced up a green mango with my FFG ZDP Endura. Ate it too, with soy sauce. :D
kankryb

Post by kankryb »

I cut open a gecko egg with my new Bifold.
169 :spyder: and always room for one more :D
schneider

Post by schneider »

Today my Military:

-Cut up a cardboard box into smaller pieces so it'd fit in the recycling bin.

-Opened up a few bags of garden soil.

-Cut some plastic sprinkler adapters to size.

-Cut a plastic 10 gallon flower pot in half (the plant needed to go into the hole in the pot, then have the pot cut and pulled out from under it, because the root ball was too loose to take it out of the pot).

Unfortunately the cutting of the flower pot completely dulled the edge. I think it was the soil inside of the pot that did it, I had to kind of saw through the pot so I was sawing through the soil on the inside at the same time :eek: . Went from shaving sharp to not being able to cut printer paper. The weird thing was that while cutting the pot, it didn't feel like it was going dull - I wasn't using more force to cut near the end than I was at the beginning. Only after I looked at the edge later and noticed it felt like a butter knife and had rolled in several spots did I notice.

Spent about half an hour on the sharpmaker getting it nice and sharp again.

edit: Flower pot scratched the **** out of the DLC coating also, which nothing so far had managed to do. That just looks cool though :)
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Didn't really cut anything today but i did sharpen 8 dive knifes with my SharpMaker, today while staffing at the local Emergency Rescue Squad. They were so dull before, even cutting warm butter would have been difficult...
PocketZen

Post by PocketZen »

Helped my friend trim a his bannana plants with my Sage II. Very easy to cut but very juicy. Not staining on the S30V.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I just cut open a ring pop sucker for my 2 year old daughter with my Manix2. I hope the guys at Golden feel good knowing i put it to good use :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I finally used my Rock Salt for the first time to chop some branches off a bush that were growing through my gutter. It did well, and cleaned up very easily.
:bug-red-white