My Bladeforums isnt working...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tholiver

Post by tholiver »

Re- WWII.
The 5 Most Widely Believed WWII Facts
http://www.cracked.com/article_18389_th ... lshit.html

Despite the fast and loose tone of this article most of the facts are correct.
:)
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

bh49 wrote:Thanks G-d I have only one addiction( :spyder :) :)
I picked up one on friday, had high bid the whole time (it went for 2/3 of my max bid)... looks like it just needs polishing, a shot of epoxy on the handle, and sharpening (probably in that order too :p ) to be a perfectly servicable razor.

I'd wager that I've spent close to 200 so far (6 razors, shipping and repair on 3, 150 edges for my Parker (120 seperated blades, 15 full DE blades), and supplies), but the advantage is that once I have these ready to use and settle on which soap and aftershave to use... ongoing costs are cheap.

One of the razors is already 170years old (1830-1845, Joseph Rodgers & Sons, "The Hamburg Ring"). $20 on soap every 6 months, $20 for honing every 6 months (they say 3-4 months of daily use), and then blades for my Parker and a cheap DE (so I can dump the schick) are $0.25 on average (larger quantities are cheaper, as well as some brands being more expensive).

Skin feels better than it did a month ago and there's no comparing how close this is (compared to 2 different electric, and 2/4/5 blade razors).
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Spydiman

Post by Spydiman »

FLYBYU44 wrote:. Canada... [was one of the]... major players in WWII.
I lol'd.

In all seriousness, though, I don't know if you are entirely serious. Perhaps my sarcasm meter is broken...?

Though I will agree with you that very few people acknowledge that the countries that sacrificed the most were:

Something like 8 out of 10 German soldiers killed in WW2 were killed on the Eastern front.
".........I've been called an "enemy of the planet" for not living within walking distance of where I work and shop - by a guy with six kids! Needless to say he was a bit upset when I suggested he walk home and drown four or five of them."

-The Deacon
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

:eek: beware wall of text :eek: off topic-sorry :p
FLYBYU44 wrote:The US didn't enter WWII until nearly the end when Pearl Harbour happened, up until that point you guys were reluctant to even help. Canada, Great Britain, Australia and other Commonwealth countries are the ones who were major players in WWII. Of course every American thinks they stepped in and crushed Hitler so we could all be free, and there wasn't another country around anywhere when it happened. I don't blame you guys though, since I don't think any media or education system in the States acknowledges that the rest of the world exists
nearly the end? you mean the middle? :rolleyes: britain was at war alone for 27 months. america was at war with the nazi for almost 40 months. all of 42. 43, 44, and most of 45. reluctant eh? should we have impeached fdr for not helping the brits early? they were lucky america/congress approved lend lease. without us and our material support britain WOULD HAVE WENT UNDER. without a shadow of a doubt in my mind they would...as for american perception? its well deserved. who provided the means for RUSSIA....NOT BRITIAN, CANADA, OR AUSTRALIA to push back, then defeat hitler. we were to busy taking back britsih commonwealth pacific territories for them. and beating off millions of japanese! america was/is number one for a reason. why is britain and france and canada and russia not a superpower? i know. i think you know as well. while i agree our education system is lacking compared to china and such others but our media is number one in the world. britain and france likes to forget what america did for them. as do many countries. for someone to say america wasn't the biggest player, at all times, in ww2 is an ignorant and uniformed statement. i agree in europe russia was number one but there would be no britain today had stalin and millions of russians kept the nazi's busy. what do you think would have happened to britain and there "commonwealth" if the ussr was defeated? you think that tiny strip of water protecting them would have stopped hitler once he had all those natural resources from russia? god i could go on about this forever. letting you know the truth about the history of what happened. you can thank america for keeping THE WORLD in check for the last 70 years. after all without us you would be speaking russian. so maybe a little respect for america and its military in the future is in order bro.

IM NOT BEING HOSTILE FLYBY44. IM JUST SAYING THAT STATEMENT IS GROSSLY INCORRECT. I VALUE YOU KNIFE KNOWLEDGE AND OPINIONS ABOUT THEM BUT I DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE FACTS OF WW2 HISTORY. SORRY WE CAN ALL THINK WHAT WE WANT ABOUT IT THOUGH. TAKE CARE :)
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
JBE

Post by JBE »

FLYBYU44 wrote: The US didn't enter WWII until nearly the end when Pearl Harbour happened, up until that point you guys were reluctant to even help. Canada, Great Britain, Australia and other Commonwealth countries are the ones who were major players in WWII. Of course every American thinks they stepped in and crushed Hitler so we could all be free, and there wasn't another country around anywhere when it happened. I don't blame you guys though, since I don't think any media or education system in the States acknowledges that the rest of the world exists
The U.S. entered the war at the end of 1941 with the first troops ariving on British soil in Jan, 1942, no where near the end of the war considering it began in 1939. The war didn't end until May 1945, over 3 years later.

If the US wasn't a major player, it's funny how NO progress had been made against Nazi Germany until the US entered the war. You also seem to have overlooked the role that the Soviet Union played as well. The Russian's were a much larger "player" in the War then the countries you listed, except for Great Britain.
Jason
cziv

Post by cziv »

Thanks guys you saved me a lot of typing - FLYBYU44 needed a little history lesson ay?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Ok, this is a little too off topic at this point.

BladeForums is down and I'm sure Spark is doing all that he can to restore it.

Closed
There is nothing more important than this one day.