Spyderco Bottle Bottle Opener

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Noble

Spyderco Bottle Bottle Opener

Post by Noble »

Forumite Oregon asked if we had a dedicated bottle opener in the "Harp" thread, and I thought this was a great idea to have on our keychains. Alot of company's have product specific bottle openers, snap-on has the wrench looking one, ive seen scuba shops with shark themed ones etc.... May i be so bold as to request a "folding" Spyderco bottle opener? Could be the size of the lady bug with a fold out apparatus for popping off bottle caps. Heck, it could be an annual release thing if you make it like a "forum" release thing. I think its an awesome Idea :D personally. Ive used lighters, seatbelts, silverware, coins, my own teeth, pliers, table and counter edges, other bottles, my belt buckle and lots of other things to open my bottles in the past....If only i had a spyderco bottle opener i could have made that many more potential "converts" upon doing the deed. Pssshhh, I dont always drink beer either, maybe even a cork screw one for us wine drinkers too! :spyder:
I see major collectable status on these also. Different scales, colors, years, apparatus materials....
Also these would make wicked gift ideas for ANY occasion!
What do you all think?
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

the wave function opens up beer bottles...that is as close as i have seen to one.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

H1 with G10.

Lets face it, having a rust-proof bottle opener is cool. Plus my grip tends to diminish over time so the G10 would help =)
Noble

Post by Noble »

Blerv wrote:H1 with G10.

Lets face it, having a rust-proof bottle opener is cool. Plus my grip tends to diminish over time so the G10 would help =)
Let the first one be made of H1!!!!!!
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I don't know how hard it is still to find the Firebyrd. I picked one up when they first came out.

But then I carry a lighter all the time. Have to send 2 of my Colibri's in for work, leaving me with a Colibri, a regular zippo, or a bic. If i have to go get more fuel before my 2 get back, I'll pick up a pack of bics for the firebyrd.

Bottle opener, small blade, lighter. Perfect tool for your jacket pocket.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Noble

Post by Noble »

We could even have a straight forward utilitarian "pry bar" version that opens your bottle of suds OR takes doors off their hinges :D Im still wanting a folder though.

vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Also a fan of the ringthing... http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/756e/
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Noble wrote:Let the first one be made of H1!!!!!!
i would absolutely LOVE an H1 bottle opener... with or without G10!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Noble

Post by Noble »

clovisc wrote:i would absolutely LOVE an H1 bottle opener... with or without G10!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Knew you would chime in on that! C'mon forumites, we need more support :eek:

NoFair

Post by NoFair »

You can safely open any bottle with a folder larger than a Kiwi.. It can also be done with a lighter or a newspaper :p

Most useless tool known to man IMHO unless it can do something else like a pry-baby ;)
Noble

Post by Noble »

NoFair wrote:You can safely open any bottle with a folder larger than a Kiwi.. It can also be done with a lighter or a newspaper :p

Most useless tool known to man IMHO unless it can do something else like a pry-baby ;)
Ive used paper also. But conversationally, its much better to flash that spyderco bottle opener and spread the news to your friends of our beloved company.

Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

Cool Idea!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Considering I use bottle openers as much as (if not more) than my knives each day I would have to say yes.
Noble

Post by Noble »

Since the tooling and molds etc already exist for the lady bug, i think that would be a great platform for a first release. LOL, ive spent the better part of my morning thinking of back locks and liner lock versions. As you can tell, i really want a spyderco branded bottle opener.

JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

make it a bali-opener with a good, strong "blade" and I'm sold.

(I've seen the cast zamak bali-openers, and they're fun when you're bartending, but I'd like to see something made with Spyderco's attention to functionality.)
—Daniel Jackson
Noble

Post by Noble »

Im so glad others also have interest in this :D Just gotta get Golden to see the thread!

DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

You mean like a Larue Field Survival device :D

I would buy one from my favorite knife dealer. They make fun gifts, a folding one would be unique.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
phaust

Post by phaust »

I bet made the right size, the upper set and lower set of legs on Spyderco's logo spyder could be used as a bottle opener without even needing to change the design. If it's big enough (or if not, and it's changed a bit), the middle could be made to twist off caps, like the middle of the armadillo above.
Noble

Post by Noble »

DMgangl wrote:You mean like a Larue Field Survival device :D

I would buy one from my favorite knife dealer. They make fun gifts, a folding one would be unique.

DM
SEE, only ours could be a spyderco "bug" shape if the folder idea doesnt appeal to Spyderco.

Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Sounds like a fun idea to me. Not sure the Spyder shape would work well though...
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?