2009 Forum Knife Go LIVE Info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
whkento

Post by whkento »

I can't believe I missed it. :(
Huck

Post by Huck »

Got my Forum knife & my spyder pins yesterday! I really like the pins & the knife, very light. Thanks Spyderco--Nice Bargain!
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Wow, that was fast. I was out of town as well when the Forum Knife became available. Guess we'll try again next year.
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Got mine today! :D

Twins

Forum Knives
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

Just a question.....does anyone else have one that looks like the top was sanded on a little?

Jeff
...oh you know why!
smikesmith3

Post by smikesmith3 »

anyone selling these?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Still miserable having missed this! :mad: :(
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
smikesmith3

Post by smikesmith3 »

Just throwing this out there for the people who have missed it. Spydieguys are selling 2 of them on eBay but your probably going to pay for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer
LBNoble

Post by LBNoble »

Got mine today (& the grey 'steel' t-shirt) & I love it! I do think the purple is a bit dark & muted, but that could just be a comparison to my 'toxic' green USN Endura. Thank you to the folks at Spyderco for recognizing their loyal customers by doing special runs for different groups & for creating a company that I'm proud to support-you've always provided great designs, an ethical viewpoint, & a willingness to listen to your customers...it is appreciated!
Raqudu

Post by Raqudu »

LBNoble wrote:Got mine today (& the grey 'steel' t-shirt) & I love it!
Also got mine today, same combination. I'm glad I held off on ordering the shirt these past months - it boosted me past the "Free shipping on orders over $75.00" threshold. :D
Raqudu :D

Freedom is never a gift. It is the "pearl of great price" in anguish won.
[RIGHT]- The Theological Concept of Freedom[/RIGHT]

"Well, it's a nice soft night so I think I'll go and join me comrades and talk a little treason."
[RIGHT]- Michaleen Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) in "The Quiet Man"[/RIGHT]
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Crap. UPS said it was going to be delivered today but I see on the UPS website that it has been 'INCORRECT ROUTING AT UPS FACILITY'. This sucks and I bet that means it's lost. :mad:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'm starting to worry too, UPS say mine are "on schedule" for delivery tomorrow, but still shows them being in Colorado. Major :confused:
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

If you box is en route with a large order or on a train or plain its not going to get re-scanned till it gets to a sorting place, so they can't update where it is and when. If you're going to get it tomorrow Deacon it will probably land at a sorting center tonight and get updated. Good luck to those who haven't received theirs yet.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
oregon

Post by oregon »

UPS brought mine today.

Ahhhh what beautiful work. Lovely to look and a joy to work. Attractive shade of purple and the pocket clip and hardware are stunning in all polished silver. Smooooth lockup and even grinds.

What a real treat for me. Thank you Spyderco and thank you forum members.

oregon
Sherpa

Post by Sherpa »

Got mine today too. Great craftsmanship on these. Nearly perfect, no play in any direction.
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

It's a real shame that I checked too late in a day to order one, they do look nice.
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Delivered this afternoon. Sequim is the Lavender capitol of North America and I'm sure there are varieties that match this knife. Unfortunately the harvest was a month ago and the remaining plants have lost most of there color. From our yard:

Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Someone said something about play.
Seems Spyderco worked out the upward slip of the lock on the Native as mine has none,no other blade play either.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Kristi, Sal, and the Spyderco team. Thanks for making a great knife. It somehow managed to get snafu'ed .

I was way too slow to get one this time. Maybe next time, when things are more orderly. Thanks again for making the knife, and for the extra time you guys put in on it. It looks great.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
hoshyoto

Post by hoshyoto »

Unfortunately there really is no way to keep a small limited number available for just the forum members if someone really wanted to "game" the system. Even if you limit the orders to just one apiece for the first day, there is nothing to stop someone that wanted to sell them on ebay from setting up 20 or so accounts prior to them going on sale. Believe me, it's similar to when I used to work at a TicketMaster outlet. I saw scalpers getting their hands on hundreds of hot tickets even when there would be a 4 ticket limit. I think the best suggestion I've seen for a future item like this would be to not set a hard limit on the number produced, but produce an initial amount, then take orders for a certain amount of time, say a week or two, then produce the ordered amount.

I would like to thank Spyderco for making the effort to produce something special. Even if it didn't work out quite as they had hoped, it still resulted in something far better for its customers than what most other companies would ever think of doing.

Thanks,

Jeff