Sage

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lev

Sage

Post by Lev »

A few Qs about the Sage: is it easy to open with one hand? and does it carry well?

I've always loved the liquid ease of opening such knives as the new Lum, the Military, and the Caly 3. Something however that can't be said for the Persian. I don't know, having to use two hands to open a knife doesn't appeal to me. So I don't carry the Persian for this reason.
KamSingh

Post by KamSingh »

Yes it's very easy to open, very smooth and it carries well, it's light and the wire clip lets it sit low.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Lev wrote:A few Qs about the Sage: is it easy to open with one hand? and does it carry well?

I've always loved the liquid ease of opening such knives as the new Lum, the Military, and the Caly 3. Something however that can't be said for the Persian. I don't know, having to use two hands to open a knife doesn't appeal to me. So I don't carry the Persian for this reason.
Not to hijack your thread, but must say I'm :confused: :confused: :confused: I have somewhat arthritic hands, own half a dozen full size Persians, had the honor of temporarily having custody of five more, :D and have never had the slightest difficulty opening any of them one handed with either hand. Yes, they tend to be a bit less "fluid" than the Caly 3, and they definitely require more deliberate action than liner lock models like the Sage, Lum, and Military. But two hands to open one?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Quick Draw

Post by Quick Draw »

For me, the Sage is very easy to open one handed. If you like the Caly 3, then you'll love the Sage. The action is smooth and the liner lock is solid. I'm planning on getting the Persian next so I hope you're wrong about the opening.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Current Spydie Count 21
Lev

Post by Lev »

Persian...could be just the ones I've had. I sold one, then got another. Both were the same. Just had a lot of difficulty opening one-handed. Not impossible, just more work than I really wanted. But fantastic knife. You should definitely pick one up.

Anyway, thanks for the info on the Sage
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

Just got my sage. Its really nice fit and finish are first class. Its a little bigger than expected. So far i love it.

But i dont think it will dethrone the Caly 3, my fave spydie and EDC.

I will post picks of my Caly Jr zdp. that i had Tom Krien Grind the tip down on when i recive the knife. Cant wait.

Sixheads
Lev

Post by Lev »

Sage...still can't decide. i think i'll wait for the new version coming next year.

the Caly 3 isn't my favorite, but nothing but positive things to say about it. looking forward to the urban, as i like the smaller size

thanks