My thoughts about the Military/SE (pics)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

My thoughts about the Military/SE (pics)

Post by spydutch »

Greetings you all :)

Just came back from work doing overtime(couldn't refuse because of shortage of off days, so no A'dam show for me again :mad: :mad: ) and I decided to share some thoughts about my very favourite Spydie to date: the fully serrated Military.

When I bought my first about 3 years ago it became my instand favourite. It fit my hand perfectly and I just fell in love with that FFG serrated blade.

It's maybe too big to carry around NKP's but I have my Ladybug/SE for that.

On the other hand, when you look closely at it, it's just the handle that makes it big. The blade isn't all THAT huge when you get used to it.

I find it just a shame not to carry that blade just because what MIGHT happen when I get held on by the police. Not so big a change because I live in a relative small town and I'm a good boy( :D )

So it's time for this scary pants to carry his good ol' Military again.

Just wanted to share this with you all.

Hope you like the mediocre(mobile phone) pics of Spyderco's greatest ;)

Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
lerman

Post by lerman »

the military is great, i like it allot myself, the para and the mili are my two favorite knives, i wish i could say the same about carrying it, but it's just to big, i have a FG mili and I'm buying an older 99 (i think) model next week, both are PE, the SE mili has allot of teeth :eek: :D
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

Military is a fantastic knife...only other in the :spyder: catalog I like as much is the Police.
:spyder: MEMBRE DE L'ORDRE INTERNATIONALE SPYDEREDGE :spyder:
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

I agree with Lerman and D-Roc. The Military, Para-Military and Police are 3 of my favorites. My first Millie was the D2 and after seeing how well it carried, along with it's light weight, I promptly bought a BG-42 CF Millie. Money well spent, IMHO.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

thanks for the great pix Arend ... i really like that :spyder: cap :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Dude agreed. Great knife. The best (well tied for best with the Para for me).

Awesome green hat. Where did you get that?
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Agent Starling

very cool!

Post by Agent Starling »

spydutch wrote:So it's time for this scary pants to carry his good ol' Military again.
Totally awesome to hear that you're back in the saddle with your Millie, spydutch (as Aerosmith once did say :) )!!

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Nice pictures! :) Thanks for sharing!

The Military's my favorite :spyder: as well. I have it in both PE and SE, both in CPM-S30V. When I first held a Military, I, too, thought, "That's too big!" Not any more. The Military is just right. :) It (in rotation with the Manix PE) gets pocket time at home, at work, and on the road.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

David Lowry wrote:Dude agreed. Great knife. The best (well tied for best with the Para for me).

Awesome green hat. Where did you get that?
It must be one of the earlier models I guess. The lady sales person of the outdoor shop arranged one for me because I ordered a Spydie almost every week(at full retail European price :eek: )

She just called Adola(the Spydie ditributor over here) if they could spare a cap with the next shipment ;)

I like it best from all my caps as well. Plain, simple with just a golden bug on it. It wears the most comfortable as well :D
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Manix Guy 2

Hello Spydutch !

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Whenever the Mil is updated the SE will be my first choice . Love the hat is it SE too ? Your friend MG2
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Just remember your hat looks a lot better than mine... but mine's been beat around for 7-8yrs now.

Still have my original ss 'fly in rotation.... but I'm on my 2nd millie [440v CE went with Clovisc to zambia, now working on a s30v CE). One of those models you just have to beat on to appreciate what it can do.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: Hey Spydutch....Nice pix dude :) I only have one Millie, and 2 Para's, and the Millie is truely Awesome, and I love mine, but it is too big, only because I am around children(my neices' are my world) and NKP alot more than I am at work or home. Also, in all honesty, and with no disrespect, I do not favor the liner lock. :) I am a lefty, and my Para/black/se is one of my favorite edc's :D
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!