Mule Team Images

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

The Mastiff wrote:I hope they have a list of those of us that originally signed up. I don't want to have mine sold out from under me to someone just hearing about it and ordering 2 or 3. Joe
It wouldnt suprise me if this is why they havent been realeased yet. I'm sure they are trying to figure out a system so that those who responded in the first place will be able to get one before they go to the general public.

Or maybe thats what I hope is happening.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
CWO

Post by CWO »

As I understand it - the purpose of the original invitation was to express interest to allow Spyderco to measure interest and adjust production accordingly.

I have faith that things will work out.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

From what Sal said, there weren't enough e-mail responses to cover the short run he had planned, so there ought to be enough to go around. I put in for two each of the whole series myself.

Kristi, can you divulge the SKU number for the Mule so we know what to search for?
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

oh boy... still psyched up for this one!!!!

maybe the end of this week??? :confused: :spyder: :D
IPSC

edge thickness and hardness?

Post by IPSC »

Poked around here and bladeforums, but I couldn't find where the edge thickness or hardness was posted.

Does anyone have this information?

Thanks.
CWO

Post by CWO »

IPSC wrote:Poked around here and bladeforums, but I couldn't find where the edge thickness or hardness was posted.

Thanks.
I don't think that info has been released.
sal

Post by sal »

IPSC wrote:Poked around here and bladeforums, but I couldn't find where the edge thickness or hardness was posted.

Thanks.
about .018

Rc 62

sal
IPSC

Post by IPSC »

sal wrote:about .018

Rc 62

sal
Thank-you Sal.
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

sal wrote:about .018

Rc 62

sal
That has me really drooling. Thin and acute edge for a utility fixed blade in a very fine grained steel ran pretty hard. This should be a really good cutting tool.

Mike
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

That has me really drooling. Thin and acute edge for a utility fixed blade in a very fine grained steel ran pretty hard. This should be a really good cutting tool.

Mike
This is a rare treat in the knife world getting this style knife, with this steel ran hard like it's supposed to be ( a very hard working bearing/race steel)and a thin, slicing edge to bring out the best of this fine steel. At 4 times the cost it would be more than worth it. Sal just keeps on amazing me! Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

GMaggos wrote:TazKristi

Can we start ordering these yet?

Are there going to be collector numbered pieces on these?

Was a list of who wanted to be involved with these from the first thread created so those who wanted in from the start will be able to get these?

Thanks George
I like what I hear so far!!!

Like George, I would like to know more specifics, esp the use of the list.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."
~ Ronald Reagan, 1985
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

still all psyched up and waiting for this lil' cutting machine!!!!!!! might even have G-10 scales made... and/or try a cord-wrapped handle... ooo... i can't wait!!!!
CWO

Post by CWO »

clovisc wrote:still all psyched up and waiting for this lil' cutting machine!!!!!!! might even have G-10 scales made... and/or try a cord-wrapped handle... ooo... i can't wait!!!!
I am pressing micarta now in anticipation of them coming available. I can only guess at the knife's dimensions - so the first sheet may become a doorstop.