Show us your lanyards!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kcardwel

Post by kcardwel »

eschmunk; that is really great work; that lump knot is really classy. I will have to take a look at one too...know the pineapple knot is a lot like that and both look pretty complicated. Great work!

ken
Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

Black paracord, gutted, in a loop/lanyard knot with light green 1mm cotton cord in a cobra stitch.

OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

Here's a few I've done recently (thanks to Stormdrane's tutorials). I've been using some multicolored "accessory" cord from Sterling and Mammut. Adds a little "pizazz".

It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
eschmunk

Post by eschmunk »

Latest lanyard. Being that this is not a knife lanyard please let me know if I should remove it from the thread. I am posting more because of all the paracord goodies in the thread.
Attachments
OD Green and Tan.jpg
OD Green and Tan.jpg (93.12 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
Stenny

Post by Stenny »

Guys, where do you get these cool skulls? No place to buy them in central Europe and shipping from US is more expensive than skulls themselves! :mad:
...but no, no, you know it all, it's harmless little bunny...
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

These are some absolutely amazing lanyards. I really need to get one or make one for my Native III that I have en-route. You guys really make some nice ones.

I've only read about 3-4 pages of this 83 page thread. I don't want to ask any questions until I'm done reading. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
eschmunk

Post by eschmunk »

When you ready to ask, there are quite a few of us here that will be more thatn happy to answer and help you in making your own.
David Lowry wrote:These are some absolutely amazing lanyards. I really need to get one or make one for my Native III that I have en-route. You guys really make some nice ones.

I've only read about 3-4 pages of this 83 page thread. I don't want to ask any questions until I'm done reading. ;)
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

Here's a couple I took a shot at tying myself. I really like the multicolored accessory cord as it adds a little "schwing" to them.

It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Medic

Post by Medic »

still dont have any! lol :D
kcardwel

Post by kcardwel »

eshtmunk(sp) that is great; we wouldn't want you to leave it out from showing us! and ouch that's sharp those are great color combos expecially on that chris reeve snake weave!

ken
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

How do you get the lanyards through the lanyard hole if the lanyard is already finished and the top (where it attaches at the knife) is just a loop?

I've tried folding it and pushing it through (a Native III) but it just doesn't seem to want to go.

By the way I'll post some pics of a few lanyards that datan made me. Thanks Dan! :) I love the lanyards but I don't want to cut them to get them on the knife. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

Short braided loop made on a two-peg knitting spool, ends put thru the Salt's lanyard hole, and finished with a couple of snake knots.
Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

Some 1mm black cotton cord added to the monkey's fist.

I know, the pocket clip looks bad. I got aggravated with the worn and chipped black coating, so Mr. Dremel and I went and got all angry on it. Image
anthonyc

Post by anthonyc »

nice monkey fist!!
Big footed nick

Post by Big footed nick »

Storm I really like the one with the ring on it! thats AWSEOME!
:spyder:
Ookami

Experimental

Post by Ookami »

These are both 4-strand braids with different ways to finish them.

On the flax I just took the 4 strands of each end, twisted them into a rope and spliced the ends together. [edit] it was only two strands each side, which is somehow logical taking into consideration I had 4 to begin with. If you split those, well you got 2 each. So I had to cheat and add another strand first.[/edit]

I leave the other one up to you to figure out how I made it ;)

Ookami
________
Rv90
Attachments
SAKlanyard.jpg
SAKlanyard.jpg (99.94 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
KeyRing.jpg
KeyRing.jpg (99.73 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
jester02k

Hi All

Post by jester02k »

It was time for a new Knife my old one was almost confiscated by a detail cop
(borderline switch blade) the cops in Boston are so picky. so I went looking looked at Spyderco and found you guys. I haven't tied knots like this in ten years I went with the cara cara black. the lanyard is a doubled lanyard knot followed by a Mathew walker knot and round crown finished with a man rope knot. I might have to change this though I need a wrist loop for safety.
I forgot how much fun knot tying was will post soon

Ookami

Post by Ookami »

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your great first post - well done!

I especially like the variety of knots you used on your lanyard.

And here is my question: How do you tie the man rope knot with the ends coming out that way?

Alright, I found the solution all by myself while searching for a picture of the man rope knot. I think you just used the wrong name. You did a double Mathew Walker knot, or so I guess.

Man Rope Knot:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13510/13 ... fig126.gif

Double Matthew Walker Knot:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13510/13 ... fig133.gif

These pictures are taken from the Project Gutenberg version of Knots, Splices and Rope Work by A. Hyatt Verrill, which can be found here:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13510/13 ... 3510-h.htm

Anyway, tell us which one you used Jester and if it's not one of the two - well here's your chance to do a little tutorial ;)

Ookami

Ookami
________
Buy silver surfer vaporizer
jester02k

Hi

Post by jester02k »

Hello and thanks for the kind words well it is a manrope knot but your right they come out the botom of the knot I just used a screw threading needle to bring the ends over it neighbor and up the center and out the top. if you need them you can get them here really helpful plus the have a really good French marlinespike as well. as for a tutorial I ll see what I can do ...second post .... :eek:
Medic

Post by Medic »

Stormdrane wrote:Image

Short braided loop made on a two-peg knitting spool, ends put thru the Salt's lanyard hole, and finished with a couple of snake knots.
wow i wish i knew how to do that.... or where to buy one!