Unmarked Millie.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ThomasAasen

Re: Unmarked Millie.

Post by ThomasAasen »

Hi again.
I was wondering if there's a chance to see some pictures of this knife and the case if you have or if some other have an unmarked, unbranded Vintage Spyderco Military with Black G10 scales.
Would like to see how the thumb and finger coil is. And if someone knows what blade steel was used if it's an Proto or even stolen parts Military put together. I miss mine so much.
Best regards
Thomas, Norway
Bill-2011

Post by Bill-2011 »

I got this unmarked military in late 90s. Went into factory to have it authenticated. Gail (Sal's wife) was there at the counter, wearing a small knife around her neck on a kydex sheath I believe. She introduced herself and we talked about the fact that we lived in the same town just up the road. She sharpened and cleaned it and said it was genuine but she suspected it was stolen by an employee and they were dealing with that(as Sal mentioned also here) she said the notch on spine was much larger that they would ever make intentionally. I felt bad for having a stolen knife and she she smiled and said not to. She said though it is rare, I should use it and enjoy it. That was probably 25 years ago. A bit large for EDC, but great knife. I was not able to see OP's pictures but this unmarked other than clip, is good example of original.

Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Bill-2011:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Bill-2011

Post by Bill-2011 »

Thank you Mike, you also
Bill-2011

Post by Bill-2011 »

Double tap
user_69

Post by user_69 »

Hi Spyderholics, I have the same question as the topicstarter

yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Yours is an early model with 2 screw clip. I can't see anything to indicate whether it is 440V or ATS-34 steel.