TSA Found Out What Futility Is

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Pokey

TSA Found Out What Futility Is

Post by Pokey »

I was flying out of a US airport the other day and I left my jacket on going through the TSA checkpoint. Others had theirs on, so why take mine off?

I tossed all my stuff in the tub to send through their scanner, stepped up to get zapped myself, when the TSA lady told me to take the jacket off. (I wrote it off to TSA randomness to foil the bad guys.)

I had to go back and get another tub for the jackets’ ride through the machine, slid it into the machine, and go get zapped myself.

I made it out of the zapper, grabbed my first tub, got dressed, and looked for the jacket. It turns out it was segregated for a secondary inspection. The second TSA lady pulled it to her zapper and placed it in just the right spot to blast away at it. She kept moving the tub around and re-trying it with no luck when she said, “I can’t even see it,” and just picked it up and squeezed it. She handed it back and off I went.

I thought of course you can’t see it, it’s stealthy. Here’s the logo on the jacket. :winking-tongue
Attachments
IMG_5836.jpeg
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: TSA Found Out What Futility Is

Post by Doc Dan »

They hire the dumbest people to work for TSA. Nobody above the IQ of 60 need apply.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

Was there a knife hidden in the jacket or are they just hunting for nothing?
-Ryan
MNOSD member #00053
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

No knife, I guess she was having trouble seeing anything on the monitor.

I told my coworkers what happened when I got back and one of them said his jacket, (same kind,) was selected for a secondary inspection, too.

After a few tries at scanning it he asked if there was a problem. The told him, no we don’t see anything. 🤷

We’re guessing they’re made of surplus RAM.😉🤫