Community Sharpening Journal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VandymanG

Re: Community Sharpening Journal

Post by VandymanG »

dullmaker wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 am
Does anyone have a good source for an after market Sharp Maker base with different angles? I have 2 Sharpmakers and all of the stones offered by Spyderco already. Hopefully a tighter fit so the stones don’t move around in the base. For example 15 and 17 would be useful for me as I don’t use the 20.
I’m also looking for a aftermarket Gauntlet base that does 15 dps if available. Love the Gauntlet stones I but need it to do 15.
Thanks,
Bruce
I need the same thing. I can’t figure out why little adapter plugs aren’t marketed for the Sharpmaker with all the different angles on the knives and mules coming out of Spyderco. I could really use something that just plugs into the existing Sharpmaker and changes the 40 degree inclusive to 35 degrees. And of course the 30 degree to 25. It seems it would be a simple square with a triangle male plug that inserts into the Sharpmaker. And it would have female triangle insert areas that would change the angle by 2.5 degrees. Wish I knew anything about 3D printing and while I’m at it wish I had a 3D printer.

@sal is an adapter plug for the Sharpmaker a future possibility?
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, PM2 - Crucarta, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use M398 and K294