Manix 2XL Brown Cruwear?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Richie841

Manix 2XL Brown Cruwear?

Post by Richie841 »

Greetings All!

I have the urge to get a few more Manix 2XL's as I've been carrying the same one daily for about a decade and I want to make sure I've got enough spares to last my life time.

A few online dealers are listing a brown Cruwear option, which I'm assuming is coming out later this year as its out of stock and some dealers have preorder options.

So here's my questons:

Does anyone knife if the cruwear Manix 2XL will retain the same skeletonized handle liners and retain the same overall weight as the original?

Will textured micarta be any more abrasive to pant pockets than G10?

How does cruwear look after years of pocket use?

Thanks all
Michael Janich

Re: Manix 2XL Brown Cruwear?

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Richie841:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Welcome to the Forum . The Crucarta Manix line has not been released and no date when it will appear . I assume it will be full liner as others . I have the PM2 Crucarta and have no issues in pocket it will darken over time from hand oil one can leave it or clean it to your preference. I definitely in the future will have one . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

The liners are full liners like the PM2 Crucarta version. They will go all the way to the edge of the scales. Spyderco has made that decision for strength behind the micarta scales due to the flex in the micarta.

According to Reveal 14, all of the models in the Crucarta series will have skeletonized liners.

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Dan + Jeff answered the direct question well.

I'll just add that the Crucarta M2XL was show off at Shot Show, so there's hope that it's out before the end of the year.

I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Richie841 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:36 pm
Does anyone knife if the cruwear Manix 2XL will retain the same skeletonized handle liners and retain the same overall weight as the original?

Thanks all

Welcome!

- The Cruwear XL is already listed on the Spyderco site https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C95MCW2/2507 and according to there it has the exact same weight as the G10 version.
I can believe that, since the Cruwear PM2 also basically weighs the same as the G10 PM2 (3 grams more, to be precise)

- I never tried Spydercos "Crucarta" Micarta, but in my general experience Micarta tends to be nicer to the pocket than G10... especially when it starts to get "oilier" and smoother.

- No experience with Cruwear-steel.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
benben

Post by benben »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:02 am
Richie841 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:36 pm

Thanks all

Welcome!

- The Cruwear XL is already listed on the Spyderco site https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C95MCW2/2507 and according to there it has the exact same weight as the G10 version.
I can believe that, since the Cruwear PM2 also basically weighs the same as the G10 PM2 (3 grams more, to be precise)

- I never tried Spydercos "Crucarta" Micarta, but in my general experience Micarta tends to be nicer to the pocket than G10... especially when it starts to get "oilier" and smoother.

- No experience with Cruwear-steel.
I just got two new Spyderco’s in K390 last month, but I swear I think I could be content from now on until the end of my days with just Cru-wear steel only!
Richie841

Post by Richie841 »

Thank you all very much. Looking forward to trying the new steel. Sounds like this is not a limited release?

Here’s a pic of my old friend with the only spare I’ve got. She might just have to be retired later on this year.
Attachments
45FEC343-5038-4B39-94C8-6CBB170C967B.jpeg
45FEC343-5038-4B39-94C8-6CBB170C967B.jpeg (35.94 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Richie841 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:11 pm
Thank you all very much. Looking forward to trying the new steel. Sounds like this is not a limited release?

Here’s a pic of my old friend with the only spare I’ve got. She might just have to be retired later on this year.
Your decision but I wouldn’t retire such a fine knife with many memories.MG2 Image
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau