Thank you!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Thank you!

Post by TazKristi »

Thank you to everyone who participated in our first-ever Red & Black Holiday Sale! The new dedicated site processed more than 1K orders within the first 15 minutes! Our crew is working extremely hard to process and ship every order as quickly as possible. We thank you for your continued support!
ThankYouRnB.png
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Buddafucco

Re: Thank you!

Post by Buddafucco »

No no... Thank You!

What are we thinking... meet back here in July for the second biannual Red & Black Sale? :beaming-face
•• Beau
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:39 pm
No no... Thank You!

What are we thinking... meet back here in July for the second biannual Red & Black Sale? :beaming-face
How about one sale, same time next year? Too much of a good thing, isn't always a good thing.

Or if they really want to do more than one online seconds sales per year, maybe they could find a way to limit one of them to OpFocus eligible buyers only. It could follow the traditional OpFocus seconds sale in the spring, the same way this recent “Red and Black Holiday Sale” followed the traditional Seconds Sale in November.

:bug-white-red :respect
- Nick :bug-red
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:06 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
No no... Thank You!

How about one sale, same time next year? Too much of a good thing, isn't always a good thing.

Or if they really want to do more than one online seconds sales per year, maybe they could find a way to limit one of them to OpFocus eligible buyers only. It could follow the traditional OpFocus seconds sale in the spring, the same way this recent “Red and Black Holiday Sale” followed the traditional Seconds Sale in November.

I only say that because there were two online sales this year.
If I had my wish, there would be one online 2nd's sale sometime during the first half of the year. Spaced out from the holidays. And of course, the usual in person sale at the traditional time. But I understand that might not correspond with their schedule. I'm grateful for the opportunity to purchase them at all.
•• Beau
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Thank you Spyderco team. Smoothest online Seconds sale experience yet. Having another chance to participate in an online Seconds sale is always appreciated.👍👏
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

TazKristi,

You guys did an amazing job on this one, hit it out of the park. I was able to get a Mystery Box and I am beyond excited to see what’s in it. Take your time packing and shipping it, I know it’s hard to fit all those super special limited spirit elite high end knives in that small box. (Yes I am making fun of the box descriptions.)

I doubt it would be possible as it would require a log in but an online OpFocus sale could be a good idea.
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:38 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:
No no... Thank You!

If I had my wish, there would be one online 2nd's sale sometime during the first half of the year. Spaced out from the holidays. And of course, the usual in person sale at the traditional time. But I understand that might not correspond with their schedule. I'm grateful for the opportunity to purchase them at all.
It is really is great opportunity for everyone to get some Spyderco knives at incredible prices.

I didn’t purchase anything this year but even just the opportunity to do so is still greatly appreciated. Also, the effort they went through to improve the online shopping experience during the sale is commendable. They had a perfect selection of models available, in my opinion, and the mystery boxes seem to be a hit. Definitely a success for customers and Spyderco alike. :bug-red :respect
kriezek

Post by kriezek »

Certainly glad that the sale was a success. Also glad that the website functioned so well.

However, I would like to provide some feedback as a user of that site and someone who was unable to purchase any products. I was on the site at 1 minute after it came online. I looked at the offerings, decided that a $400 Mystery Box would suit my needs and began the checkout process. By the time I finished typing my information into the computer, I was informed that no more Mystery Boxes were available. Geez, I felt. Why did they let me put it in my cart if it wasn't available?

A more customer friendly approach would be to put a 5 minute hold limit on items when they are so limited in supply. That would allow people to know that what they are putting in their basket will be there as they type in their information. Not everyone is young and some of us have been buying Spyderco knives a long time.

If there is a very limited supply, it also may make sense to limit purchases to 2 knives or 1 knife and a mystery box. Considering everything except the Siren sold out within 15 minutes, that would seem to be fairly reasonable.

While I understand that Spyderco is in the business to sell its inventory, it also has done a pretty good job over the years of building a strong relationship with its customer base. As someone who has close to 50 of your knives, I would call myself a Spyderco fan. While I certainly understand why the company chose to queue things the way they did, hopefully future sales may keep some of these suggestions in mind.

I do greatly appreciate that Spyderco has great sales and great knives. From my very first Delica in G2 back in the early 90s to my latest knife, a Sliverax in S30V (what a great knife) much more recently, I know I your knives are always going to be good quality. Thank you for listening.
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

kriezek wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:25 pm
Certainly glad that the sale was a success. Also glad that the website functioned so well.

However, I would like to provide some feedback as a user of that site and someone who was unable to purchase any products. I was on the site at 1 minute after it came online. I looked at the offerings, decided that a $400 Mystery Box would suit my needs and began the checkout process. By the time I finished typing my information into the computer, I was informed that no more Mystery Boxes were available. Geez, I felt. Why did they let me put it in my cart if it wasn't available?

A more customer friendly approach would be to put a 5 minute hold limit on items when they are so limited in supply. That would allow people to know that what they are putting in their basket will be there as they type in their information. Not everyone is young and some of us have been buying Spyderco knives a long time.

If there is a very limited supply, it also may make sense to limit purchases to 2 knives or 1 knife and a mystery box. Considering everything except the Siren sold out within 15 minutes, that would seem to be fairly reasonable.

While I understand that Spyderco is in the business to sell its inventory, it also has done a pretty good job over the years of building a strong relationship with its customer base. As someone who has close to 50 of your knives, I would call myself a Spyderco fan. While I certainly understand why the company chose to queue things the way they did, hopefully future sales may keep some of these suggestions in mind.

I do greatly appreciate that Spyderco has great sales and great knives. From my very first Delica in G2 back in the early 90s to my latest knife, a Sliverax in S30V (what a great knife) much more recently, I know I your knives are always going to be good quality. Thank you for listening.
Why did you wait until a minute after? If you jumped on right at 11:00, you would have scored that mystery box. The website was smooth silk and allowed everyone to process their order right away. Bummer that you missed out, though.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Mushroom wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:
No no... Thank You!

I think the more products first or second that Spyderco sells the better for everyone. They should have as many sales as they can. Why do you want them to limit the sales?
MRj “Weak things break!”
LeDe

Post by LeDe »

Hello,

Now that Spyderco has a found a smooth way to organize the online sale, it would be cool if they could try and make it more accessible for non US residents.
I understand that this is a long shot at best or extreme wishful thinking.

Having the sale on Friday evening in Europe makes it hard to attend. Maybe some stocks could be reserved by geography, maybe for 24h.

Also, I wonder if there could be a way to group the deliveries to get the cost down. Some people have mentionned that when sent to an individual directly, the customer may end up paying custom taxes on delivery as well, which does not make any sense but maybe could be avoided if Spyderco sent a large global order.

For the last sale I could only have bought the Siren by the time I got in. It probably was not the most discounted item and adding delivery and customs, I would have paid close to the full price in Europe.

Not a complaint at all, I have no idea what the numbers are in Europe by example so whether it could make sense at all for Spyderco.
So definitely a long shot, but I thought I'd mention anyway.

All the best,
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Thank you Spyderco for allowing us the opportunity to buy seconds online!
Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:38 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:
No no... Thank You!

If I had my choice I'd prefer one about the time the first one was this year vs right before the holidays. I'm grateful for the opportunity regardless of when it is
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Mrj wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:35 am
Mushroom wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:
No no... Thank You!

I think the more products first or second that Spyderco sells the better for everyone. They should have as many sales as they can. Why do you want them to limit the sales?
I don’t believe they should. Everything in moderation.

Why stop at two online seconds sales a year? The sale ran smooth enough using the third party hosting service that they could probably handle having an online seconds sale once a month. They could probably even just forgo making it a special event at all and list every factory second online until inventory is depleted. More for everyone doing it that way. :zipper

The more online seconds sales and MAP removal periods that Spyderco offers, the easier it becomes for consumers to refuse to buy their products until they can get a discount beyond MAP. It can be a dangerous game to play and there is potential of devaluing their own products. Why pay full MAP when the consumer can just wait for their monthly factory seconds sale or quarterly MAP removal period? It is becoming more expected than it is appreciated.

Don’t get me wrong though, I thought the way they ran this Red and Black Holiday Sale was perfect! The website handled the web traffic without issue and they had a good selection of knives as well as the mystery boxes for the chance at some limited production gems. There are still some advantages to the traditional in person seconds sale but this Red and Black Sale was still an incredible opportunity for everyone to get some unbeatable discounts.

:bug-red :respect
Knifefreak76

Post by Knifefreak76 »

Hello TazKristi,

Just curious about my order. I got the $250 mystery box, but until now the card payment is still pending and no email from Spyderco.
I do hope my order went through, because this mystery box would be a great Christmas present for me.

:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Knifefreak76 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:17 pm
Hello TazKristi,

Just curious about my order. I got the $250 mystery box, but until now the card payment is still pending and no email from Spyderco.
I do hope my order went through, because this mystery box would be a great Christmas present for me.

Hi, Knifefreak:
Welcome to our forum. Your best bet would be to contact our outlet store. You can reach them via email at sfo@spyderco.com. If you haven't already, please also check your spam folder (some confirmations turned up there for others).

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Thank you Kristi and Spyderco for the amazing opportunity. Best cutting tools in the world!
MRj “Weak things break!”
Knifefreak76

Post by Knifefreak76 »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:31 pm
Knifefreak76 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:17 pm
Hello TazKristi,

Hi, Knifefreak:
Welcome to our forum. Your best bet would be to contact our outlet store. You can reach them via email at sfo@spyderco.com. If you haven't already, please also check your spam folder (some confirmations turned up there for others).

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
Thank you, Kristi.
I have checked my spam almost everyday, hahaha.
I just email Spyderco, hope to hear from them soon.

Thank you again for you reply.