Where are the Amsterdam pics?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Where are the Amsterdam pics?

Post by Doc Dan »

Like it says, I've been waiting for the Amsterdam pics and they still haven't shown up, unless I just missed them. Are they forthcoming? Did Wouter forget his camera?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Enactive

Re: Where are the Amsterdam pics?

Post by Enactive »

Wouter explained in the other thread:
Mr Blonde wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:35 pm
It was a good meet, thank you to all who came out! I'll go to the IWA Show this week and start processing the photos after that - next week. I'll start a new thread to post the photos then.

Wouter
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Thanks. I guess I missed that. I was wondering because he is usually Johnny on the Spot.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
sal

Post by sal »

Hey Wouter,

We really appreciate you.

Hey Joyce,

We really appreciate you too.

I guess Eric's OK :winking-tongue

sal
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

sal wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:29 am
Hey Wouter,

Hey Joyce,

sal
They're a dream team! Only one missing from Amsterdam is you sir. :)
Cheers
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I would imagine he's under a wee bit of stress, he knows how much everyone anticipates this and to be fair he's a bit out of practice since this hasn't happened in a few years.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
elena86

Post by elena86 »

We are very grateful for Wouter’s efforts ! I was nr.58 when they announced the meeting but for medical reasons I was not able to attend so I am looking forward to see (in part) what I lost. In all honesty I wish I was there mostly to meet the Spyderco crew and to shake Eric’s hand. He is such a cool chap.
Last edited by elena86 on Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

elena86 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:23 am
We are very grateful for Wouter’s efforts ! I was nr.58 when they announced the meeting but for medical reasons I was not able to attend so I am looking forward to see (in part) what I lost. I all honesty I wish I was there mostly to meet the Spyderco crew and to shake Eric’s hand. He is such a cool chap.

What does one actually have to do or be to get the opportunity of attending the meet?

I never looked into that, always thought it was rather for folks who are more "Spyderco insiders" than I am, but actually I´d love to be there one day if possible and for a change Amsterdam is not toooooo far from Austria (been there already (Amsterdam) three of four times), at least waaaaayyy closer than shot show, blade show and the like... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:35 am
elena86 wrote:
We are very grateful for Wouter’s efforts ! I was nr.58 when they announced the meeting but for medical reasons I was not able to attend so I am looking forward to see (in part) what I lost. I all honesty I wish I was there mostly to meet the Spyderco crew and to shake Eric’s hand. He is such a cool chap.

What does one actually have to do or be to get the opportunity of attending the meet?

I never looked into that, always thought it was rather for folks who are more "Spyderco insiders" than I am, but actually I´d love to be there one day if possible and for a change Amsterdam is not toooooo far from Austria (been there already (Amsterdam) three of four times), at least waaaaayyy closer than shot show, blade show and the like... ;)
When the meet is announced on the forum.
You need to send an email with the requested information to a specific emailadres posted in the thread on the forum. If you do that within the first 24 hours of the thread there is a very big chance you are in.
Since there are 60 places it is mostly full within 36 hours after Wouter posts the thread.
So maybe we will see you next year… ;)
(Bye the way most years the visitor that travelled the most distance to the meet gets an extra gift from spyderco and believe me as i say those gifts are amazing)
elena86

Post by elena86 »

apollo wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:15 am
Wartstein wrote:
elena86 wrote:

You need to send an email with the requested information to a specific emailadres posted in the thread on the forum. If you do that within the first 24 hours of the thread there is a very big chance you are in.
Since there are 60 places it is mostly full within 36 hours after Wouter posts the thread.
(Bye the way most years the visitor that travelled the most distance to the meet gets an extra gift from spyderco and believe me as i say those gifts are amazing)
Gifts you say ! I guess the guy who took my place should buy me a ginger ale 😬 Joke aside I am so frustrated for not being able to attend. Bad karma…
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

apollo

Post by apollo »

sal wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:29 am
Hey Wouter,

Hey Joyce,

sal
As wonderful Wouter and Joyce are Sal believe me when i say Eric is the one who everyone wants to see and talk to. He is such a great guy , so kind and down to earth and he can be very funny to by the way! :squinting-tongue
Thank him again from me for being so nice and kind to my girlfriend when she asked him a few questions after the meet. She is normally very shy but he made her feel comfortable enough to ask a few questions and it made her day even more amazing.
apollo

Post by apollo »

elena86 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:33 am
apollo wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
elena86 wrote:

Gifts you say ! I guess the guy who took my place should buy me a ginger ale 😬 Joke aside I am so frustrated for not being able to attend. Bad karma…
Yes Gifts! The infamous goodybag you get at the end of the meet and there is always something sharp inside that one! And that is to bad. Hopefully you will have better luck next year always fun to meet people of the forum!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

apollo wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:46 am
elena86 wrote:
apollo wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

Yes Gifts! The infamous goodybag you get at the end of the meet and there is always something sharp inside that one! And that is to bad. Hopefully you will have better luck next year!
Stop hurting me 😒
Marius

( Rabindranath Tagore )

apollo

Post by apollo »

elena86 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:00 am
apollo wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:46 am
elena86 wrote:
apollo wrote:

Yes Gifts! The infamous goodybag you get at the end of the meet and there is always something sharp inside that one! And that is to bad. Hopefully you will have better luck next year!
Stop hurting me 😒
Sorry wasn’t my intention! :flushed
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I'm simply too far away to make it feasible. :'( It's over 10,000 Km.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

apollo wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
elena86 wrote:

Thanks!

Now this really sounds like something I should try...must be so nice, it is "just" a ten hours ride by car from where I live and after the meet I could go further north to Scandinavia with its great outdoors (and have a beer with forum brother aicolainen in Norway ;) )
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:19 pm
apollo wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
elena86 wrote:

Thanks!

Now this really sounds like something I should try...must be so nice, it is "just" a ten hours ride by car from where I live and after the meet I could go further north to Scandinavia with its great outdoors (and have a beer with forum brother aicolainen in Norway ;) )
10 h 15 m by car from me - so i fly :)
If you're going to Scandinavia you're welcome on a pit stop in Helsingborg Sweden!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:31 am
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:19 pm
apollo wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

Thanks!

10 h 15 m by car from me - so i fly :)
If you're going to Scandinavia you're welcome on a pit stop in Helsingborg Sweden!
Hey Larry, I´ll sure come back to that offer some day!

Actually I took the ferry from Denmark to Sweden = from Helsoingoer to Helsingborg at least four or five times when I was a much younger man (I think the first time I was just 18) and travelled a lot and to the remote and wild North of Scandinavia for being alone in the wild for some weeks... :smirk (though by train and then hitchhiking back then)
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Hmm looks like I’m almost 12,000km away. I’ve always dreamed of attending someday.
apollo

Post by apollo »

Freediver wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:42 am
Hmm looks like I’m almost 12,000km away. I’ve always dreamed of attending someday.
That would shurely win you the travel reward.... :winking-tongue