What has Spyderco produced in the way of Cruwear that is either SE or PS?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BeggarSo

What has Spyderco produced in the way of Cruwear that is either SE or PS?

Post by BeggarSo »

I was wondering about SE or PS in Cruware and what Spyderco has made using this steel and these blades. Interested in purchasing because I do like the way Cruwear performs in PE but do not have anything in Serrations.
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie
ladybug93

Re: What has Spyderco produced in the way of Cruwear that is either SE or PS?

Post by ladybug93 »

the ayoob sprint is the first thing that comes to mind. i'm not sure if there have been any others.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

No others that I know of, but I am interested in more Cruwear with serrations.
I keep forgetting to reply to a thread from a bit ago asking about an Ulize run done like the Ayoob.
I love recurves and I think a big, recurved, serrated edge blade in Cruwear would neatly fall in line as one of my all time favorites out of Spyderco.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Lately I've been really wanting more serrated Shamans in different steels, and MagnaCut and Cruwear are two at the top of my list.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:48 pm
Lately I've been really wanting more serrated Shamans in different steels, and MagnaCut and Cruwear are two at the top of my list.
Would love to see a cruwear SE torture test.
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

Has anyone here received and started using their Ayoob I see it here and there at high prices but I wonder how it is at EDC and Food prep?

I mean there is no doubt it would make an effective self defense or other martial purposes knife but I would really love to see a review of people using the darn thing in real world scenarios like opening a box, cutting up cardboard, slicing up tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, steak etc.... Hmm getting hungry. :)

Lol I saw one review on YouTube where the guy had a PE Ayoob and received the SE version and instead of using the PE he had out showing off he grabbed another knife to open the SE box. I was like Dude!! whoa seriously???? :hushed-face

Sure enough it was another safe queen review, guess folks like that do it for the likes on YouTube and then jack up the price and sell it on eBay?

I would really love it if one of the members here did a real life demo on the SE version of this knife. I like a trailing point but this is not quite that, another I am looking at is the discontinued Spyderco Chinook 4 which comes up every now and then but again just safe queen reviews which are pretty worthless they may as well be trying on dress's

Seems I read somewhere the Chinook was being re-released? Maybe I am mistaken?
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie