Reverse-S Paramilitary 2 (hopefully Millie 2) - who has seen it? What is the plan with it?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MournfulCongregant

Reverse-S Paramilitary 2 (hopefully Millie 2) - who has seen it? What is the plan with it?

Post by MournfulCongregant »

I have been wanting, since before I even knew of the Millie 2, a comp-locked Military and Civilian, but really, any reverse-S knife on a compression lock would please me greatly. I know for a fact that a reverse-S Paramilitary 2 exists, and I am very curious about this, if anyone who has seen it has any pics, whether or not the knife was very distinct in the way it was done compared to the rest of the Japanese reverse-S knives, like, perhaps with a reinforce tip similar to the Dodo, anything notable about it?

As well as to Spyderco, is this a model that might be coming down the pipe any time soon? I am thinking it would certainly be very cool if, since the compression lock was/will be given to the Military platform, perhaps the comp-locked reverse-S may be transferring to that, but I do not know if the length will be albe to support a robust work profile. The reverse-S has become one of my favorite utility models, and the Cricket is always finding its way to my fifth pocket, I want to have it put in a 91mm SAK I love it so much. But what I find to be the Cricket for the discerning gentleman is... the Dodo.

Your reverse-S model made in America is very different and just a piece of perfection, the only USA-made reverse-S that I know of. (was the Meerkat USA made?), and I own a regular M4 Jade, intend to beautify one of the same, and have one plainedged in beautiful Desert Ironwood, my oddest gentleman knife, but so beautiful, and loves to cut fiber.

I can't even imagine what a robust, USA-syle "ReverS"-PM2 would do, I would guess that, while even the Dodo is a potent SD tool, and the same would apply to this, the focus would be on using it hard on fiber, that would be the coolest thing, just shredding any board or rope in your path, like you could do with the Black Talon II if it had good, Spyderco serrations.
Last edited by MournfulCongregant on Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Spydercos: Police 4 K390 LW, Sage 5 M4 LW, K390 wharncliffe D-fly, Cricket, Crucarta PM2, M4 Micarta Shaman, Dodo.
MournfulCongregant

Re: Reverse-S Paramilitary 2 (hopefully Millie 2) - who has seen it? What is the plan with it?

Post by MournfulCongregant »

Accidently quoted my post while trying to edit a mistake in wording - disregard this second post here.
Favorite Spydercos: Police 4 K390 LW, Sage 5 M4 LW, K390 wharncliffe D-fly, Cricket, Crucarta PM2, M4 Micarta Shaman, Dodo.
JRinFL

Re: Reverse-S Paramilitary 2 (hopefully Millie 2) - who has seen it? What is the plan with it?

Post by JRinFL »

Was this PM2 reverse-S shown anywhere? Maybe the prototype case at Blade Show?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:41 am
Was this PM2 reverse-S shown anywhere? Maybe the prototype case at Blade Show?
Isnt this basicly the civilian? :flushed
TomH

Post by TomH »

It was shown at the Taiwan Meet in 2019. It was a PE.