Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:03 am
juggler wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:55 am
Jaws (featuring Spyderco Dragonfly)
yep. love it.
I’m SO GLAD not judging this week ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

I met up with a friend to do some fishing this afternoon and when I showed up they gifted me a Sage 1! I was beyond surprised. I carried it for the afternoon even though it was one of the worst environments for it ever, and just in time for my first ever Waterfall Wednesday submission!
Last edited by Fly Fishing Rick on Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jimmy
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Congratulations on an absolutely fantastic gift and a calendar worthy photo! Your Wednesday topped mine by a mile!
So it goes.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Nice pic and awesome gift! That linerlock on the Sage 1is great isn't it? Congrats!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 pm
Nice pic and awesome gift! That linerlock on the Sage 1is great isn't it? Congrats!
Thank you! It's probably the best liner lock I've ever used.
-Jimmy
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Fly Fishing Rick wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:06 pm
JSumm wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 pm
Thank you! It's probably the best liner lock I've ever used.
I don't own one, but have played around with one. It was the first Spyderco linerlock I held. It showed me how great they do at it. Played around with the Military. Equally as good. Ended up buying a Polestar and love the lock.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Fly Fishing Rick wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:57 pm
I met up with a friend to do some fishing this afternoon and when I showed up they gifted me a Sage 1! I was beyond surprised. I carried it for the afternoon even though it was one of the worst environments for it ever, and just in time for my first ever waterfall Wednesday submission!
Nice one ! I'm waiting on Dan for a similar gift ! :squinting-tongue :') :') :rofl
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Nice one ! I'm waiting on Dan for a similar gift ! :squinting-tongue :') :') :rofl
[/quote]

Ding ding ding ! It’s Tease Dan Thursday ! :squinting-tongue !
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Hold on a second, are we doing another giveaway and no one told me??

I'll take 352 and thank you!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i'm in!
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Alright, for real talk. Do ya'll ever forget if you submitted a pic for the week and have to scroll back through the pages to see if you did? If you do this, do you do that sometimes multiple times during the week?

Great photos this week by the way! All around.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

JSumm wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:28 am
Alright, for real talk. Do ya'll ever forget if you submitted a pic for the week and have to scroll back through the pages to see if you did? If you do this, do you do that sometimes multiple times during the week?

Great photos this week by the way! All around.
Hi Jeff. It does kinda happen to me when i get distracted while posting it and then go offline after that.
But not multiple times a week.
embry386

Post by embry386 »

apollo wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:33 pm
Since its already monday for me i needed to make the hard choice for picking this week top pictures.
Even though there were not as many entrees the quality was amazing!

Runner up this week is Fly Fishing Rick with his poster worthy para shot.

And the winner for this weeks contest is Embry386
With his lovely summer shot with playfull color scheme.

I know it is not tradition but i also like to announce and honorable third place for Manixguy@1994 for his Classic Dyad picture! Evil D has no idea what he is talking about because for me you nailed it!
Oh wow, I somehow missed seeing the updates to this thread! Thanks so much apollo! And congrats to Manixguy@1994 and Fly Fishing Rick for their awesome photos!

I can tell it's going to be tough to judge this week, so many stunning photos submitted already :bug-red :grin-smiling-eyes
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

embry386 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:55 pm
apollo wrote:
Since its already monday for me i needed to make the hard choice for picking this week top pictures.

I know it is not tradition but i also like to announce and honorable third place for Manixguy@1994 for his Classic Dyad picture! Evil D has no idea what he is talking about because for me you nailed it!
Oh wow, I somehow missed seeing the updates to this thread! Thanks so much apollo! And congrats to Manixguy@1994 and Fly Fishing Rick for their awesome photos!

I can tell it's going to be tough to judge this week, so many stunning photos submitted already :bug-red :grin-smiling-eyes
I doubt the last pictures have been posted . From my experience pics can come in into Sunday , so enjoy the ride ! We are all here to have fun posting pictures and supporting everyone . Regards, Dan
Henry David Thoreau
embry386

Post by embry386 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:03 pm
embry386 wrote:
apollo wrote:

I doubt the last pictures have been posted . From my experience pics can come in into Sunday , so enjoy the ride ! We are all here to have fun posting pictures and supporting everyone . Regards, Dan
For sure, gotta wait the whole week before judging! Just saying that so many great photos have come in already, I know it's gonna be tough ;)

This is definitely one of the most fun threads on this site. It's really cool that Sal and co. have the yearly calendar contest, but I like that this one runs year-round and gives me a chance to practice for the "big one", haha
apollo

Post by apollo »

embry386 wrote:
apollo wrote:

I am glad i picked you as the winner not only because i found youre entry so amazing but also that i just love it that it made you happy. :beaming-face
This topic is handsdown the best one on general forum. Everyone in here is here for fun so its the most positive topic the year round. :beaming-face
You can indeed see it a little as the trial rounds for the big contest. But that last one i can not really care about. I entered this year for funs but in my honest opinion there rules for the quality of the pictures are so dificult to understand in my eyes its like they only want professional photographers to win. I do not understand a word in that mile long text so i can only hope somehow my picture is good enough. :woozy
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thought I should give a bump as reminder to all thinking of entering a picture . Tough competition this week not for the timid . :) MG2
Henry David Thoreau
embry386

Post by embry386 »

And this week's winners are...
JSumm wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:01 am
The smaller Military. Polestar.
In first place, JSumm! The colors work so well in this, with the bright orange against all the green and gray, and the sharp focus on the knife and slightly blurred background is perfect. I like how the gray of the knife is echoed by the gray in the background. The textures of the different mosses and lichens really stands out as well.

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:09 am
ImageB/W ATR2 shot in backyard. MG2
The runner-up is Manixguy@1994, featuring this lovely black-and-white image in dramatic perspective and with cool lighting!

I also particularly enjoyed Ramonade's photo featuring the M.N.O.S.D. shirt, and juggler's with their creative recreation of a classic horror movie. ;)

Thanks everyone for an awesome set of images to go through, it was definitely a tough decision.

Looking forward to seeing all the entries for next week!
apollo

Post by apollo »

Embry386 even while there was no massive load of contenders you still had a very hard week to judge good job on picking the winners those are some really amazing ones you chose. :grin-smiling-eyes And to the Winners congratulations guys you deserve it! :beaming-face
apollo

Post by apollo »

Now to start things off this week.
Here is the most beautiful spydie in my collection. The OG Rubicon. :beaming-face