Blade Show Texas

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Blade Show Texas

Post by Sharp Guy »

Heads up Texas area peeps! Looks like the ICCE Show has been rebranded to Blade Show Texas. I'm in!!!!

I checked the exhibitor list and didn't see Spyderco. I sure hope they decide to go!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
prndltech

Re: Blade Show Texas

Post by prndltech »

https://bladeshowtexas.com/

I need money!!! Guess I got 2.5 months to save 😂

It’s about 3 hours away, I may try make it up there
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Awesome lineup ! Looks like fun . I saw quite a few that was of interest to me . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

prndltech wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:07 pm

Thanks for adding the link. I meant to add that in my original post
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:13 pm
prndltech wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:07 pm

Thanks for adding the link. I meant to add that in my original post
I got you man!

May drive up there from Austin on Saturday. Got a buddy in the Houston area that wants to go too.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Blade Show Texas is a little over a week away. Anyone else going? I'm trying to decide if I'll go Friday or Saturday. I'm leaning towards Friday at this point
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:55 am
Blade Show Texas is a little over a week away. Anyone else going? I'm trying to decide if I'll go Friday or Saturday. I'm leaning towards Friday at this point
Very impressive lineup of vendors, should be an excellent day . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I don't think I will be able to pass it up, but I'm not going with a crazy budget...curiosity more than anything.

Friday will probably have the best atmosphere and selection, everyone will be excited to be there...that being said, I'd probably end up going on Saturday...I procrastinate.
So it goes.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Airlsee wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:16 pm
I don't think I will be able to pass it up, but I'm not going with a crazy budget...curiosity more than anything.

Friday will probably have the best atmosphere and selection, everyone will be excited to be there...that being said, I'd probably end up going on Saturday...I procrastinate.
I'm just going to window shop. I have way too many already and don't really want any more. I have other things I want to spend my money on

I know they basically just changed the name of the show from ICCE to Blade Show Texas but I'd like to see this grow into something more like Blade Show Atlanta or Blade Show West. I'm a little disappointed more of the bigger manufacturers won't be there (Spyderco, BM, KAI, etc) but I understand that there's only so many shows they can make it to. I'm sure it'll be a cool day regardless
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Since they outgrew the Stockyards this year, I'm hoping next year it will start looking more like a Blade Show.

I literally stumbled onto a social media post the day of the ICCE Show 4 years ago, and drove over on a Saturday. Andy Roy was flabbergasted that I lived 15 minutes from the show, knew who he was without introduction, and had never seen any advertising for ICCE.

He had also only sold one knife and had had 3 swiped off his table, so he was not very psyched to be there by that point.

This year I feel like Blade gave proper advertising to the show and that the market is here. Next year, I hope to see Spyderco and a larger overall embrace of Blade Texas from the production manufacturers.
So it goes.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Well...looks like I was wrong. Turns out my girls wants to attend the show with me but doesn't want to take Friday off. So it looks like we'll be going on Saturday.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:55 am
Looks like I'll just miss it. I'll be flying into Dallas for a week for work, but arrive Tuesday after the show. So close!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Well now I'm bummed. My girl's down with a nasty cold or some kind of bug (not Covid) and now I have a touch of it too. Could be just bad allergies for me but probably best if I stay home. I assume the show will be back next year. Maybe Spyderco and some of other big manufacturers will decide to go
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:50 am
Well now I'm bummed. My girl's down with a nasty cold or some kind of bug (not Covid) and now I have a touch of it too. Could be just bad allergies for me but probably best if I stay home. I assume the show will be back next year. Maybe Spyderco and some of other big manufacturers will decide to go
Sorry to hear this , I know how much you were looking forward going . Getting well is always more important. MG2
Henry David Thoreau