Delica 4 S30V scales color

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SteveJewels

Delica 4 S30V scales color

Post by SteveJewels »

Hello

I am casually thinking about acquiring another Delica. I've been wanting to try a different steel, maybe one that holds an edge a little better than VG-10.

Seems like all of the Delica 4's with S30V I find have pink scales.

I could change that scales but an S30V blade is a bit expensive to begin with.

Thanks!
jwbnyc

Re: Delica 4 S30V scales color

Post by jwbnyc »

I think those are for breast cancer awareness.

They look pretty badass with the black blade.

I keep talking myself out of buying one.

“ Spyderco is proud to support Living Beyond Breast Cancer, a national nonprofit organization that seeks to create a world that understands there is more than one way to have breast cancer. To fulfill its mission of providing trusted information and a community of support to those impacted by the disease, Living Beyond Breast Cancer offers in-person experiences and on-demand emotional, practical, and evidence-based content. For more information, visit LBBC.org.”
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

RIT dye is a fairly inexpensive option. I'm not sure how well the pink takes to changing the color, but you could always dye it black if you can't get the color you want. If you're not comfortable dyeing it yourself, there are sites that sell RIT dyed knives (knives plus I think is one), but you'll pay more.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

There are a lot of options. There is the K390 (awesome steel) in that nice blue. There is LC200N in green, H1 in yellow or black, HAP-40 in wood, S30V in pink and you might find a teal, you might find a forest green 204P, don't forget the ultra cool glow in the dark VG-10. I could go on. There are lots of options.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Sorry, it's not S30v, but KnifeJoy has the 20cv Delica exclusive that might be of interest if you're wanting to try another steel... https://www.knifejoy.com/products/copys ... 20cv-knife

Or in Wharncliffe... https://www.knifejoy.com/products/spyde ... iffe-knife
•• Beau
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

The 20CV Wharnie is on my want list
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

This modified pink/black s30v looks pretty cool. Looks like an extra $30 for the blade finish and color

https://www.wayofknife.com/modified-spy ... ng-finish/
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Well spydergoat's post made me check... KnivesPlus has an S30v Delica already dyed black for $10 more... https://www.knivesplus.com/modified-spy ... blade.html
•• Beau
GTenn

Post by GTenn »

I love the K390. I believe it takes a better edge than S30V, but I think VG10 does as well. The K390 will definitely hold an edge better than VG10. It supposedly rusts, but mine looks the same as when it was new. I have cut apples with it, among other things, but I always clean it and keep mineral oil on the blade when storing it.

If you really want the S30V, you could change the scales with your VG10 one.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Might also keep your eyes out for the Zone sprint run from 2017 or 2018. There were a couple color combos and they were in S30v. I got the yellow and green one. I'm not sure if the pop up on the used market ever or not. I like mine though the blade feels like it's ground thicker behind the edge than my other delicas. Could just be mine. My hap 40 delica and wharnie delica are my two favorites.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!