Sal - YOU are not listening to us

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Sal - YOU are not listening to us

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think all knives should be right hand tip down only and they should all have 4” blades. Oh wait, that’s the Military. Nevermind, I’m good.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:45 am
I think all knives should be right hand tip down only and they should all have 4” blades. Oh wait, that’s the Military. Nevermind, I’m good.
Agreed. :respect
Perhaps_OCD?

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

sal wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:06 am
Just because we do not do what everyone asks us to do does not mean I'm not listening.

sal
Sal,

Thank you for confirming the clip placement feedback is on your radar. It’s your business to do with as you see fit.

Mods - this thread has served its purpose.
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:48 pm
Dear Perhaps_OCD This is a very weird thread. This is also a very weird way to try and kill your own thread.

From my time on this forum, I am unaware of any threads becoming officially retired… all can be resurrected on this site.

If I am reading correctly, you wanted Sal to know you would like the PM2 to have a different clip options from a collector standpoint.

As valid an opinion you have, your delivery of your opinion has really provoked lots of reaction from this community.

I would recommend in the future, it is good to know reaction is more important than intent.
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/ ... .2009.2123

I also hope you have a beater PM2 you carry daily, that helps you appreciate the utility of this cool knife, and appreciate the reaction of the others on this forum.
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
PStone

Post by PStone »

Guess then is now again…

So when will now be then? :zany
Perhaps_OCD?

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:32 pm
Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
Dear Perhaps_OCD This is a very weird thread. This is also a very weird way to try and kill your own thread.

From my time on this forum, I am unaware of any threads becoming officially retired… all can be resurrected on this site.

If I am reading correctly, you wanted Sal to know you would like the PM2 to have a different clip options from a collector standpoint.

As valid an opinion you have, your delivery of your opinion has really provoked lots of reaction from this community.

I would recommend in the future, it is good to know reaction is more important than intent.
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/ ... .2009.2123

I also hope you have a beater PM2 you carry daily, that helps you appreciate the utility of this cool knife, and appreciate the reaction of the others on this forum.
Oh I’m used to forums wanting to lock threads and felt Sal having the last word was an appropriate thread stopping point. He responded and I respect that.

I bought a second one of these DLC Copper PM2’s when they got back in stock recently. The one I was *****ing about will be one of my many PM2 beaters. I strongly believe the PM2 is the best folding knife in the world. I just disagree a “tiny” bit about the clip. Haha.

Great article by the way. Noted.
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
I bought a second one of these DLC Copper PM2’s when they got back in stock recently. The one I was *****ing about will be one of my many PM2 beaters. I strongly believe the PM2 is the best folding knife in the world. I just disagree a “tiny” bit about the clip. Haha.
Please follow up in a month and share your thoughts on 1 month edc. Please share pictures too. I would be very interested in your thoughts.

I think it would be funny if you tried edc-ing it for a week with tip down… lots of folks might eat crow/ or respect your future follow up with such experimentation and opinion after your experience.

MNOSD 0009
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

PStone wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:29 pm
Guess then is now again…

So when will now be then? :zany
Soon
Perhaps_OCD?

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 pm
Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
Please follow up in a month and share your thoughts on 1 month edc. Please share pictures too. I would be very interested in your thoughts.

I think it would be funny if you tried edc-ing it for a week with tip down… lots of folks might eat crow/ or respect your future follow up with such experimentation and opinion after your experience.
Oh I love this idea. It’ll be hilarious at the very least. It’s already developed a patina outline around the clip in the tip up configuration so it’ll look super weird when I change it back and forth again haha.

This is going to take some commitment tho. I just got in an m4 Smock, m4 lil Native, and a k390 police… I shall hide them from myself for the sake of this scientific experiment where I have a single EDC for a month.

…the smock is so addicting to play with
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

A real knife person can commit to carrying one of these, exclusively, for a month. There is a thread about it too.

Absolutely no tip up/down controversy either.
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

5-by-5 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:27 pm
A real knife person can commit to carrying one of these, exclusively, for a month. There is a thread about it too.

So true.

MNOSD 0009
Perhaps_OCD?

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

5-by-5 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:27 pm

Hahah! The deepest cut I’ve given myself was from a ZDP189 ladybug. This was back when I was noob and couldn’t one handed close it worth a ****. I could use another lady bug in my life. Mmmmmhhh lc200n ladybug.

I’m a HUGE fan of a clipless Chaparral in my left pocket when I’m wearing athletic shorts (so most of the time now working from home).
WRB

Post by WRB »

Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:11 pm
It’s already developed a patina outline around the clip in the tip up configuration so it’ll look super weird when I change it back and forth again haha.
You might be surprised how quickly it changes. I swapped mine after it had formed a patina and by the end of the day you could hardly tell. I was glad because it looked pretty awful right after the swap :grin-sweat