Bladeshow 2021

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
shaztec

Re: Bladeshow 2021

Post by shaztec »

A LW chief in m4 would be a home run for me...
Here's hoping...
shaztecs_knives on instagram
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:54 am
Reverse S pm2 is super exciting! I’d like that with a wave….
I hope the PM2 Matriarch uses the same blade profile as the Lil' Matriarch. That version of the Reverse S had the ferocious cutting performance of the S, but also allowed thrusting as the point was not as hooked, and also was really handy for utility work.

Not my photo:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I hope the thin red/blue line Endura will come in full SE too (now it seems to come in PE additionally to the original CE already!)

This most likely would be my personal most perfect folder (I know there is the Pac Salt 2 ffg SE, and I´ll certainly get one! But I still prefer the feel of the linered Endura and VG10 a bit over LC200N)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
archangel

Post by archangel »

A straight spine mule? Are you kidding?? Didn't Sal just say they don't want to touch the Mule Team specs? :confused:
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:52 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:35 am
I finally clear the time to make it to Bladeshow and I wake up to this...

But you do have a spare tire of course and still made it?! :o (hope so anyway!! :) )
That is such bad luck. I bet only a space saver spare, or worse, a can of ineffective foam gloop ….
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

mark greenman wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:19 am

I hope the PM2 Matriarch uses the same blade profile as the Lil' Matriarch. That version of the Reverse S had the ferocious cutting performance of the S, but also allowed thrusting as the point was not as hooked, and also was really handy for utility work.

Not my photo:
Agreed! If has the same blade profile as the Lil’ Matriarch I will be all over it.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:28 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:52 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:35 am
I finally clear the time to make it to Bladeshow and I wake up to this...

But you do have a spare tire of course and still made it?! :o (hope so anyway!! :) )
That is such bad luck. I bet only a space saver spare, or worse, a can of ineffective foam gloop ….
It was BOTH back tires...

Had a nail in one and both valve stems were leaking. I plugged the hole and retapped the stems. All better now.

I was trying so hard to make it to BladeShow this year. But, everytime I turned around, there was a new issue for me to deal with.

Grandma would say, "That's a sign.".

Not happy about it. But, there's always next year!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

archangel wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:08 am
A straight spine mule? Are you kidding?? Didn't Sal just say they don't want to touch the Mule Team specs? :confused:
From what I gathered that might be the “Mule” that becomes a production model in SPY27.
makawakaroni

Post by makawakaroni »

Military 2 is very exciting! Hope Spyderco reveals it soon.
Will the Reverse S Para 2 be some shop's exclusive? That was the case for all special blade shapes, unfortunately.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I just couldn't wait another year to go...

The Military 2 is great, except it has a different choil. Sharper and deeper, like the PM2.

I hope they revert that change.

There were some Amazing pieces. Specifically, the choilless Shaman. If they make a Salt version, it may very well bench my Caribbean. Truly a wonderfully designed handle and blade(maybe a tad thick).

Also, there was a fixed blade there, that I can't quite remember the maker's name. But, it was one of the highlights. Fortunately, I have a contact that I will get the name from and hopefully a custom.

I'm going to plan for this better next time, so I'm not timing the stop.

To those that I spoke to, thanks for the conversations. To those I didn't, maybe next year!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

archangel wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:08 am
That was how Sal descibed the upcoming regular production Mule. Same handle so current scales will fit, straight spine to differentiate from the "normal Mule Team".
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:02 pm
Specifically, the choilless Shaman. If they make a Salt version, it may very well bench my Caribbean. Truly a wonderfully designed handle and blade(maybe a tad thick).

Knowing how much I love the Caribbean and Shaman, and my strong preference for edge-to-handle designs, on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard am I gonna fall in love with this?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:36 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Specifically, the choilless Shaman. If they make a Salt version, it may very well bench my Caribbean. Truly a wonderfully designed handle and blade(maybe a tad thick).

Knowing how much I love the Caribbean and Shaman, and my strong preference for edge-to-handle designs, on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard am I gonna fall in love with this?
11?
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Evil D wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

Pardon me for piggy-backing onto this excitement.

My collection of and fondness for edge-to-handle Spydies has grown big-time this pandemic year. Being firmly in the “all good just different” camp, I still enjoy choils, but I like what “handle-forward” seeks to accomplish.

I’ll be all over the choilless Shaman, Salt or not. I do hope the grind-line is more like the Lil’Temp3 than the Caribbean.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Double-rap.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Evil D wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

It's definitely a strong 9, in my book.

The only thing that keeps it from a 10, is that it probably won't release as a Salt.

-Thomas Jefferson
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:36 pm
Evil D wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

The only thing that keeps it from a 10, is that it probably won't release as a Salt.

Not necessarily a requirement but it is a bonus for my work knives. Maybe we can at least hope for a DLC version or something.
~David
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:40 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Evil D wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

Not necessarily a requirement but it is a bonus for my work knives. Maybe we can at least hope for a DLC version or something.
I wouldn't say requirement. But, definitely a major plus.

The handle slabs were made out of the Caribbean's G10 and it excited me for a second, until they said that was just using leftover material.

-Thomas Jefferson
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Polecat wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:06 pm

Different design! I kid you not, take a an original ronin blade shrink to delica size, put spydie hole in it, taper ed handle like yojimbo 1 and 2, but delica size! Really nice, What I envisioned when I inquired about a yo min bo or such.
I want it! All black please!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:47 pm
Evil D wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:40 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Evil D wrote:

I wouldn't say requirement. But, definitely a major plus.

The handle slabs were made out of the Caribbean's G10 and it excited me for a second, until they said that was just using leftover material.

Same Shaman contoured scales though?
~David