BHQ Exclusive Tanto PM2 - M4/Jade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Napsterninja

Re: BHQ Exclusive Tanto PM2 - M4/Jade

Post by Napsterninja »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:30 pm
Danke wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:25 pm
Naperville wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:21 pm
Anyone know if Blade HQ notifies people quickly when you sign up for a knife notification? I signed up to be notified for both. I'll dye the scales black.

This is really a sharp looking blade and I really like it. I'm broke, but you only go around once!
Yes they do but if you miss the in stock notice you'll miss the run. As the others have noted watch for the details and drop time in Blade HQ social media.

They sell fast but even for a guy like me up in Canada I've been able to get each one that I wanted. The feeding frenzy when they're available doesn't see to be quite as bad as some of the other exclusive releases.
[+1]
Make sure you setup notifications for email and text. Got a text yesterday that the dlc was back in stock, clicked the link and it was available at the time of the text notification. Good luck!
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

The PM2 Tanto has instantly become my favorite Spyderco knife (along with the Delica).

But I think I’m gonna hold off from getting this one in hopes that Spyderco will eventually put out a Cruwear or Cru-Carta version.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Haunted House wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:22 pm
The PM2 Tanto has instantly become my favorite Spyderco knife (along with the Delica).

But I think I’m gonna hold off from getting this one in hopes that Spyderco will eventually put out a Cruwear or Cru-Carta version.

If the tanto blade is a BHQ exclusive, then we have little or no hope of that happening unless BHQ itself would venture into Cruwear for their exclusives, or that the tanto design isn't limited to BHQ...
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Will the Tanto blade ParaMilitary2 always be a BladeHQ exclusive?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
spydie-fan

Post by spydie-fan »

I was surprised when BladeHQ got the exclusive on the Tanto blade. It would be such a popular pattern that it doesn't due it justice to be an exclusive with one dealer, and should be a factory option.

Curious to see if BladeHQ will do another blade steel besides M4. I can't recall them offering anything but M4 on past exclusives.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Just glad they are doing both blade finishes, maybe we will all have a better chance at which one we want.

Wonder what the limit is?
JMM

Post by JMM »

RamZar wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:01 pm
Will the Tanto blade ParaMilitary2 always be a BladeHQ exclusive?
I've wondered that & asked that a couple times but haven't ever heard anything definitive... I also wonder if the BladeOps emerson blade PM2 is going to be an exclusive only they can make... I hope not in both cases. I can see getting an exclusive on a new blade style for a year or something, but forever, on a timeless platform like the PM2 seems both new and unusual for sure, don't know how others feel about it...
spydie-fan

Post by spydie-fan »

Curious if the exclusivity is limited to a certain time frame.
normal

Post by normal »

I really hope they ordered alot of these so I can snag one. I have passed on all the s30v drops hoping for a better steel.
ScottyD

Post by ScottyD »

Will the tanto and Cru-ware ever pair up?
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

So I decided I'm gonna try and snag one of these, as I've been carrying the heck out of my knifeworks M4/CF PM2 lately, as well as several other M4 blades.

Forgot how much I liked this steel, between all the newer stuff I've been messing with in my rotation (REX45, K390).

But I can't decide which blade color. I like the DLC more, but it drives me crazy when they do satin liners like this with a blacked out blade. I know it's just a simple aesthetics thing, but I think I'm leaning towards the Satin bladed one now.

Someone push me in one direction or the other. :o
:bug-red :zany :bug-red -Joel
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The DLC model offers protection against rust but costs $13 more and the compression lock isn’t DLC coated. The satin one looks nicer but the blade needs more care. They’re going up for sale in just 3 hours from now.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I thought the liners/compression lock are now coated...
Last edited by ABX2011 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

dup
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

spydie-fan wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:35 pm
Curious if the exclusivity is limited to a certain time frame.
As I recall the original black G-10/S30V model just passed it's second run. With the way the original version is selling out I would think Spyderco and BHQ would be hesitant to stop making them. But, I haven't sat in on any of their business meetings and discussed, production schedules, cash flow, and supply chain issues either. ;)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

ABX2011 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:32 am
I thought the liners/compression lock are now coated...

Not according to the BladeHQ picture.

gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Nice looking knife.
A bit over to the (Mick Strider) side of things for my taste.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Lumpy620 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:33 am
So I decided I'm gonna try and snag one of these, as I've been carrying the heck out of my knifeworks M4/CF PM2 lately, as well as several other M4 blades.

Forgot how much I liked this steel, between all the newer stuff I've been messing with in my rotation (REX45, K390).

But I can't decide which blade color. I like the DLC more, but it drives me crazy when they do satin liners like this with a blacked out blade. I know it's just a simple aesthetics thing, but I think I'm leaning towards the Satin bladed one now.

Someone push me in one direction or the other. :o
In the same boat. My current plan is to refresh the site and eeny meeny miny moe until 11am. I'm assuming then the site will crash, I'll panic, and by the time the site loads I'll end up with neither. :eek:
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Edit. :spyder:
Last edited by koenigsegg on Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

NM. Looks like website problems. Got a black in cart and site won’t let me pay. And OOS. lol
Last edited by SLOSpyder on Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.