What knives are you buying with your stimulus $$?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Pokey

Re: What knives are you buying with your stimulus $$?

Post by Pokey »

None.

I'll probably spend half of it on women and cheap booze, then just blow the the other half.

Actually, I'm thinking of going out to dinner a few times and leaving a HUGE tip. That'll be fun. ;)
benben

Post by benben »

That’ll cover about 40% of a new HK USP Expert with a Jet Funnel.....
Last edited by benben on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:57 pm
I have no idea why, but for some reason I've been browsing through CRK's :confused: :eek:

Thankfully the models that stood out to me aren't available right now.
I've definitely seen some cool CRKs in the past few months. Luckily (or unluckily), the ones I really like are $600+, and I just can't quite go there yet. Maybe someday.

With that said, I definitely bought something pretty special recently. I'll post it once it arrives...
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:26 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I have no idea why, but for some reason I've been browsing through CRK's :confused: :eek:

I've definitely seen some cool CRKs in the past few months. Luckily (or unluckily), the ones I really like are $600+, and I just can't quite go there yet. Maybe someday.

With that said, I definitely bought something pretty special recently. I'll post it once it arrives...
CRK is one I haven't done yet. I like the small Sebs or maybe a small Inkosi. I've been tempted but just never pulled the trigger. I'm considering parting with some Spydies I don't need soon. Maybe I'll convert some of those funds to a CRK. Then again, that little Shiro Neon NL's been calling my name too....hahaha

https://recon1.com/product/shirogorov-n ... nlay-mrbs/

Dang...this hobbie's dangerous! lol
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I love the CRK Insingo blade, and the 'Idaho Made' stamp. Maybe I should view it as 'buy local'. ;)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:10 am
JuPaul wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

CRK is one I haven't done yet. I like the small Sebs or maybe a small Inkosi. I've been tempted but just never pulled the trigger. I'm considering parting with some Spydies I don't need soon. Maybe I'll convert some of those funds to a CRK. Then again, that little Shiro Neon NL's been calling my name too....hahaha

Nice, can't wait to see what it is Julia! I've noticed lately that the "others" thread has been pretty busy with some great looking knives. It's fun to see some really nice knives from other makers around here on this forum too.

Those Shiro's are sweet Pat! Another brand I was peaking at too. I think it was last weekend, maybe the one prior that KnifeCenter had an exclusive for $550 I believe it was? I looked at it and then checked back a couple days later and it was gone. Pretty quick sell out for a knife that price, they must be amazing knives.

I feel like at this point, I'm a knife nut and know it's not going to stop. :cool: In my eyes there a few brands that every nut needs at least one model for the collection. Shiro and CRK are a couple of those.

I think my ZT 0470 is the nicest knife I have in my collection, It's beautifully done with premium materials. Makes me wonder how incredible these knives must be at double the price of the 0470.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Pokey wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:45 pm

I'll probably spend half of it on women and cheap booze, then just blow the the other half.
I like the way you think. I'll spend mine right away on cheap women and expensive booze. If I let it sit here in my desk drawer, I'll probably just end up blowing it on stupid things.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:50 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Nice, can't wait to see what it is Julia! I've noticed lately that the "others" thread has been pretty busy with some great looking knives. It's fun to see some really nice knives from other makers around here on this forum too.

Those Shiro's are sweet Pat! Another brand I was peaking at too. I think it was last weekend, maybe the one prior that KnifeCenter had an exclusive for $550 I believe it was? I looked at it and then checked back a couple days later and it was gone. Pretty quick sell out for a knife that price, they must be amazing knives.

I feel like at this point, I'm a knife nut and know it's not going to stop. :cool: In my eyes there a few brands that every nut needs at least one model for the collection. Shiro and CRK are a couple of those.

I think my ZT 0470 is the nicest knife I have in my collection, It's beautifully done with premium materials. Makes me wonder how incredible these knives must be at double the price of the 0470.
Yeah, there were some pretty great year-end sales and year-end drops, so I think a lot of us ended up with some really cool new "others."

I'm also a big fan of the Shiro designs. Someday I'd love to own one. Same with a Koenig Arius...I drool over those knives!
- Julia

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:54 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

Yeah, there were some pretty great year-end sales and year-end drops, so I think a lot of us ended up with some really cool new "others."

I'm also a big fan of the Shiro designs. Someday I'd love to own one. Same with a Koenig Arius...I drool over those knives!
One thing I do know, the 3 of us have almost no willpower when most exclusives and sprints drop and we can spend $500 on 3 Spydercos in a month sometimes...This would be just one knife instead haha!

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:10 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:54 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

One thing I do know, the 3 of us have almost no willpower when most exclusives and sprints drop and we can spend $500 on 3 Spydercos in a month sometimes...This would be just one knife instead haha!
That's always the debate in my head, Rick! "Well, I can spend my $500 on one awesome semi-custom knife, or I can spend it on two or even three awesome new spydercos." In the end the Spydies usually win because I'm worried I won't want to carry and actually use a super expensive knife. But the collector in me just wants them to hold and admire...
- Julia

Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Pokey wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:45 pm
None.

Actually, I'm thinking of going out to dinner a few times and leaving a HUGE tip. That'll be fun. ;)
I have to admire your passion for women and cheap booze, and wish that I could team up with you for the adventure, hahahahaha. Unfortunately I think those days are behind me!

:D
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

I may have lied. I got my stimulus, and I want a Becker bk9. Too bad smoky mountain knife works is out, they have them for $80. I may have to wait...
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Interesting that this subject would come up. Actually I got some sharpening gear I have in mind at the top of my list. I'm still torn between the Edge Pro and Wicked Edge>> and I've got a couple of others to look at as well.

Because if you don't have a "performing edge" even the best knives are pretty much useless.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Well, here's the grail knife I splurged on. Truly a work of art, imo. I've lusted after these since I first saw them, and I'm not sure yet if I'll actually carry this or just frame it. ;) :p It honestly makes me feel giddy each time I hold it, it's so pretty.
- Julia

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

soc_monki wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:14 pm
I may have lied. I got my stimulus, and I want a Becker bk9. Too bad smoky mountain knife works is out, they have them for $80. I may have to wait...
The BK9 is the best Becker and one of my all time favorite knives.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:20 am
soc_monki wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:14 pm
The BK9 is the best Becker and one of my all time favorite knives.

I loved my 7 so much I got a 2nd one. If they come back in stock at smkw and are still $80 a bk9 will be mine!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:51 am
Well, here's the grail knife I splurged on. Truly a work of art, imo. I've lusted after these since I first saw them, and I'm not sure yet if I'll actually carry this or just frame it. ;) :p It honestly makes me feel giddy each time I hold it, it's so pretty.
Wow that is a beauty! What maker/brand?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Just saw Julia's post and was about to ask the same thing!

Browsing CRK's is going to end up being very dangerous. My wife doesn't think it's the GREATEST idea, but she also said they are some very nice looking knives, that I would probably never use...not sure how to take that haha! Something tells me holding off is the smart move, but when I find free time I find myself browsing the many available right now on DLT.

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:07 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:51 am
Wow that is a beauty! What maker/brand?
It's a Chavez Liberation 229. This is a production version of his custom model, made by Reate. Urban EDC did this exclusive version with the wave milling pattern.

There's also a flipper version, which will probably be my next splurge when I can find one.
- Julia

wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

Just ordered a classic Spydie that's been on my what-if list for too long... The OG Police w serrations.