Endura Wharncliffe

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderScout

Re: Endura Wharncliffe

Post by SpyderScout »

elena86 wrote:Same Endura4 handle ? No, thank you :(
As above?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

If you hate the handle hump/finger groove position, it's a super easy fix with some sandpaper. Here's a pic of Delica scales inside to show there's room to sand. You can see where the metal liners go to. Endura is the same. I may do it on a future mod to show how easy it is. It doesn't hit my fingers right, but it doesn't bug me at all. I'll do it just because.

- best wishes, Jazz.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Yep, I've also sanded a few FRN handles with success. Simple mod.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Jazz wrote:If you hate the handle hump/finger groove position, it's a super easy fix with some sandpaper. Here's a pic of Delica scales inside to show there's room to sand. You can see where the metal liners go to. Endura is the same. I may do it on a future mod to show how easy it is. It doesn't hit my fingers right, but it doesn't bug me at all. I'll do it just because.

But once its sanded down its not that good of a handle. I did that to my last Endura. While the handle was improved, it was still a far cry from a Centofante 4, Endura 3 or Cara Cara for me.

I've given the Endura 4 5 chances over the course of a decade. It's not for me. Holding out on an Endura 5 to be honest. The Endura 4's size and sprint selection is fantastic...if the handle grooves were the same as the E3 it might be my favorite EDC.
:unicorn
C99c

Post by C99c »

The best thing I saw in that thread from Bladeforums was the following part of one of Sal's posts:
" We're working on a 3.5" blade version of the Endura/
delica series
"

That sounds great as it'll hit my sweet spot size wise. Just no choil, please.
Support Knife Rights. https://kniferights.org/

Don't buy knives from EBAY or AMAZON. There are plenty of good companies that will appreciate your business and don't sell fakes.
sal

Post by sal »

We addressed your concerns regarding the Endura 3 vs Endura 4 handles, a 2nd time, and decided that, in our opinion the "4" handle is more ergonomic for a majority of our customers. Sorry, but some of you may have to adapt?

sal
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

What are the hang ups some people have with the Endura 4 handle?

I personally dont 'get' the problem.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

SpyderScout wrote:What are the hang ups some people have with the Endura 4 handle?

I personally dont 'get' the problem.
Some people have hot spots with certain handle shapes. I experience this as well, but I generally feel comfortable with a majority of Spydercos handle contours. Strangely enough, the Native seems to cramp my hand slightly. Another terrific reason Spyderco makes so many different handle shapes.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I just want to know who's going to take responsibility for me dipping into my wallet when I was perfectly content with what I owned.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

StuntZombie wrote:I just want to know who's going to take responsibility for me dipping into my wallet when I was perfectly content with what I owned.
I'll take full credit Chris... but I don't think I am the brain behind this idea.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
vivi

Post by vivi »

...actually, nevermind. feel free to delete this post.
:unicorn
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Jazz wrote:If you hate the handle hump/finger groove position, it's a super easy fix with some sandpaper. Here's a pic of Delica scales inside to show there's room to sand. You can see where the metal liners go to. Endura is the same. I may do it on a future mod to show how easy it is. It doesn't hit my fingers right, but it doesn't bug me at all. I'll do it just because.

I'd be fine with that except for the other side of the scale where the texture is molded in, you end up grinding into the bidirectional texture and it looks horrible.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Hmmmm, if the wharnies are flying off the shelves this might be the place to ask (again) for a Centofante 4 re-release or sprint or CQI'd to screwed construction (so I can fiddle with aftermarket scales) ..... oh, and a companion Centofante 3 sprint ;)
666mademedoit

Post by 666mademedoit »

StuntZombie that would be me (thread originally started on Bladeforums). It's brilliant that Sal takes the time to engage with us knife addict's to make the stuff we want!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi 666mademedoit,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for the kind words.

sal
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

sal wrote:We addressed your concerns regarding the Endura 3 vs Endura 4 handles, a 2nd time, and decided that, in our opinion the "4" handle is more ergonomic for a majority of our customers. Sorry, but some of you may have to adapt?

sal
I definitely believe that to most people the Endura (or Delica-) 4 is far more popular over the 3 I just noticed when using my volcano grip Salts that I prefer those, I am also a big fan of the linerless construction so the slight weight difference is also a thing for me.
Definitely not seriously expecting something like this to be made in an Endura 3 style but still somewhat hoping for a Pacific Non-Salt sprint with something like a FFG Cruwear blade? :D
(or maybe just a Pacific Salt with FFG LC200N, would also love one of those in CE)
Also just collecting some extra Pacific Salts before a 2 version of that might come into production. ;)
Redhawk1369

Post by Redhawk1369 »

Wave it and I’m buying a few!
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Yeah... I'd buy one of these. Thats an absolute definite.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Strider

Post by Strider »

If something were to make me buy an Endura, this would be it.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Here it comes. :D
- best wishes, Jazz.